• 6(current)
"MCE" skin. Port of the default Media Portal skin.
the changes would be nice.

great skin btw.
hi ,

first i like to say that i love the skin!!!

second (could be just me) but i cant find the sort button. i mean the a to z ... z to a button i always use to sort on reverse date for example.

im using the xbox.media.center.1.1 release with 1.1.0-beta6 mce skin (not as dash) widescreen pal on a ver 1.1 xbox.

i tryed looking trough the post but could not find anything relating to this. (my exuces if i did not try good enough or did not have the latest latest version.)

any help appriciated!
thanks again.
(bustacap @ oct. 18 2004,20:06 Wrote:hi ,

first i like to say that i love the skin!!!

second (could be just me) but i cant find the sort button. i mean the a to z ... z to a button i always use to sort on reverse date for example.

im using the xbox.media.center.1.1 release with 1.1.0-beta6 mce skin (not as dash) widescreen pal on a ver 1.1 xbox.

i tryed looking trough the post but could not find anything relating to this. (my exuces if i did not try good enough or did not have the latest latest version.)

any help appriciated!
thanks again.
nope. it's not just you.
the little sort ascending/descending button isn't there.
i didn't like the way it fit into the interface so i removed it.

oddly enough you are the first person to mention it. :p
glad it’s not me Smile

but i can’t stress the fact enough how badly i need it, epically if u use sort on date. (latest file is last if sorted from a to z)

so basically i’m switching from skins each time i change sort and then go back to mce coz it’s just looks nicer Wink

hope u can make my live easier.
great skin. how about adding a script menu on the home page? i would love to play the movie trailers without having to go into settings > general > scripts. maybe make a drop down menu on the reboot button?
Sad 
hi pin87a

i was just wondering if your mce skin has a recently added media section, or capability ?. if not - is this fairly easy to add in (i.e. is it possible to take the elements from another skin, and adapt over - im very poor at these sorts of things btw, so i`m wondering if it is something i could attempt - feasability and all !!!Wink
just wanted to say that i really love this skin.

wondering if rss feeds are supported as i have them enabled but don't see them?

also love all the start page menu icons except the one for my programs... don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to sit with the others...

what does anyone else think? could just be me.

anyway thanks again, this is now my default skin and will remain so as long as you can be bothered to update it... lol
(ytsejam @ oct. 20 2004,21:40 Wrote:great skin. how about adding a script menu on the home page? i would love to play the movie trailers without having to go into settings > general > scripts. maybe make a drop down menu on the reboot button?

i don't think i will do a drop down menu on the home page.
it really doesn't "fit" with the interface imo.
i do agree that there should be a easier way to access scripts, but i haven't figured out what i'm going to do with that yet.
i don't want to add "movie trailers" and "web radio" buttons directly because they aren't features built into xmbc and they won't work unless the 3rd party scripts are available.
i guess i could add an alternate home.xml for people that want all of the features accessible from the home page...

(jj5768 @ oct. 21 2004,15:04 Wrote:hi pin87a

i was just wondering if your mce skin has a recently added media section, or capability ?. if not - is this fairly easy to add in (i.e. is it possible to take the elements from another skin, and adapt over - im very poor at these sorts of things btw, so i`m wondering if it is something i could attempt - feasability and all !!!Wink

as of now there is no support for that feature.
i will look into adding it when i get a chance.
i guess you could use the xml and images from project mayhem to add it, but i don't know how well that would look/work.

(majortom @ oct. 21 2004,18:16 Wrote:just wanted to say that i really love this skin.

wondering if rss feeds are supported as i have them enabled but don't see them?

also love all the start page menu icons except the one for my programs... don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to sit with the others...

what does anyone else think? could just be me.

anyway thanks again, this is now my default skin and will remain so as long as you can be bothered to update it... lol

there are currently no rss feeds specified in the skin so enabling them will have no effect. earlier in this thread i played around with adding one, but it didn't look "right" on the home screen so i left it out. the xml to add one to home.xml is posted on page 3 of this thread if you want to add it yourself.

i completely agree with you about the programs icon.
i originally put it there as a quick placeholder, but i never came up with anything better. i will replace it sometime in the future... Smile
(pin87a @ oct. 21 2004,20:44 Wrote:i guess i could add an alternate home.xml for people that want all of the features accessible from the home page...
excellent!! i'll look forward to this feature in a future release.
Star 
cheers for the feedback.. i think i will have a play around this weekend with the pm ram files, see how its done and take it from there...

if i come up with anything interesting i'll let you know... but don't count on it !!

now i have my bt rss filters set up on my server pc - this would be one of the last things to bring it all together !!

it'll make me very happy, but i wonder if its really sad No Huh
re-inserted the rss code and must say it looks just fine to me. are you sure you're not being a little over critical ? p.s. is there any chance of you adding a reboot/restart button to the start page as i'm forever fiddling with settings and having to reboot. my xbox is a good 4 feet away and i don't want to wear myself out ;-)
didn't read all pages to find out if this had been asked. i'm happy with the project mayham skin until i learn to develop my own, but the one thing that caught my about this skin was the emulator/console skins. i thought that was pretty cool. is it an icon image like windows uses? because the skin package i download does not have them?

off topic, when i try to mod xml files to create a more personalized skin, i see requests for files/pictures that don't exist anywhere in the xmbc directorys. i thought maybe they were the thumbs but i couldn't open those up in photoshop.
"Sometimes, the best example is a bad example."
well then read the whole thread before asking
in case anyone is interested... i have uploaded an updated version of the skin to xbox-skins.net.
it is fully compatible with the xbmc cvs from 10-28-04 (yes, the file manager actually works now :p).
(it may not work properly with earlier builds, and it will probably not work with later builds)

i changed some of the textures and did some other tweaks.
let me know what you think....

http://www.xbox-skins.net/index.php?download=2072

i haven't gotten around to addressing some of the requests in this thread yet, but i will as soon as i get a chance.

this skin is also available in the xbmc skinning project cvs.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxmediacenter/
the version there will always be the most recent version.
does this still work with the newer builds of xbmc?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"MCE" skin. Port of the default Media Portal skin.0