[Linux] install HOW TO XBMC for Zotac ION
Has anyone using a zotac had any issues getting the HDMI or DVI working with a TV? VGA works great, but that's it.
rectifyer Wrote:Has anyone using a zotac had any issues getting the HDMI or DVI working with a TV? VGA works great, but that's it.

HDMI has worked perfectly since the day i built my system.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
hdmi works fine plug and play, but i need help with setting up wireless.
liq456 Wrote:hdmi works fine plug and play, but i need help with setting up wireless.

then do a search on google, since this is not an xbmc issue.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:then do a search on google, since this is not an xbmc issue.

I know its not an xbmc issue, but they do go hand in hand if I'm using xbmc live. It would be nice if someone with the knowledge would just post how to make the wfi work. I know others would appreciate it too.
I'm trying to dig up info on if I want to setup a HTPC with the zotac;
Some of the basic info: Do i need a keyboard or can i run xbmc w/ubuntu w/out keyboard mouse once its setup?

Sounds like there is some info on getting wake from sleep to work with usb, is there a specific remote/ir/usb adapter i should be looking at?

Good case choices?

Thanks!
liq456 Wrote:I know its not an xbmc issue, but they do go hand in hand if I'm using xbmc live. It would be nice if someone with the knowledge would just post how to make the wfi work. I know others would appreciate it too.

This worked for me.

I just pressed Ctrl+Alt+F2 at the xbmc gui menu. This takes you to a terminal session.

I then entered in the username : xbmc and the password xbmc.

I then followed this using my ethernet connection:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=424...stcount=36

NOTE : I had to disable eth0 just before restarting the network service by editing that interfaces file like so :

#auto eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp

After I restart the networking service I connect within 4 seconds to my access point. It's great!

Goodluck.
Thanks to everyone that posted, I got it to work with your help. I also found this link for different router setups for anyone who needs it.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=318539
Hi peeps,
i have a question about the zotac board. I have an xubuntu 10.10 running on it and i sense it is a little laggy when I use office-draw or play a 1080p movie. It is a standard installation and uses the nvidia drivers ubuntu.
Another thing I wanted to know is it possible to activate the physx chip or is it already activated?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] install HOW TO XBMC for Zotac ION0