Asrock ION 330 Custom Bios image
I've created 2 customized bios oem logos for my Asrock ION 330.
They are based on official Asrock Bios v1.50 and can be downloaded from here.
First background image is taken from Duduke's blog. I've only edited it and put it in the bios. The other one is from XBMC itself.
I'm open to suggestions and comments, so please let me know what you think.

P.S.
I've almost forgot - included in the bios is a little present from Dell (v2.1) for those of you who want to run Windows 7 on their ION PCs.
For more information about the present go to forums on my digit life.

Image Image

Update:
Version 1.6 of moded bios can be found here.

Important: I'm not to be responsible for any damage this files may cause. Use them on your risk!
Nice.

Has anyone done anything similar for the Zotac? (itx 9300)

One of my (minor) gripes about the Zotac setup is the slower boot time and PC style boot up. The xbox boot process was much faster and nicer.

POST screens in the lounge room are not cool. It would be great if the Zotac posted more like Dell and other brand name PC's.
How do you go about editing the bios ROM and changing the image? I too would like to do this for a Zotac 9300.
I've checked and zotac's bios is ami, so it wont be a problem to modify it if you want me to, but keep in mind that i do not have zotac board to test it ...
What tools did you use to create the bios?

Am interested in doing the same with the splash.png from xbmc's mediafolder (if you dont mind doing one more) no need for a windows 7 hack though
blittan Wrote:What tools did you use to create the bios?

Am interested in doing the same with the splash.png from xbmc's mediafolder (if you dont mind doing one more) no need for a windows 7 hack though

I guess MMTool should work. I used that to edit the bios on my Asus EEE.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
Nickman Wrote:I guess MMTool should work. I used that to edit the bios on my Asus EEE.

Yes I've used MMTool for replaceng boot logo.

@blittan - i'll prepare another bios with the splash tonight.
This is awesome, thank you for sharing. =)
Is there a alternative donwload link ?

The file was 10 times uploaded ....

Regards
hans
yes can you upload this again, cheers
It is uploaded again among with 2 other customized bioses.
Thanks for that.. great Smile
grubia Wrote:I've checked and zotac's bios is ami, so it wont be a problem to modify it if you want me to, but keep in mind that i do not have zotac board to test it ...

Hello,, i have the Zotac ION N330 dualcore. can you help me with a custom bootscreen? or tell me how to make one myself.

Thank you in advance
kevin82 Wrote:Hello,, i have the Zotac ION N330 dualcore. can you help me with a custom bootscreen? or tell me how to make one myself.

Thank you in advance

You have PM.
Erm...I used MMTool and I extracted OEMlogo from it and edited it using photoshop to a image I liked. Kept the same resolution. I used the replace function to load my image in to OEMlogo. I flashed it but now its not booting anymore. I probably screwed the BIOS, so it might have to go back to Asrock, unless anyone know a recovery method?

Also, what is the correct way of implementing your own boot screen?

Thanks,

Dennis
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock ION 330 Custom Bios image0