1080p unwatchable on Asrock ION 330
i have dual boot win7/linux... under linux with xbmc i can barely watch the 10-15gb movies, keeps buffering. when i play the same file under win 7 with mpc it works perfectly fine. both coming from the dns323... any reason why that would make such a difference?
Drivers or TCP optimisations probably - you could fiddle with the latter although personally a gigabit switch would be top of my list.
from what i know, streaming within a network 100mbps connections should be fine for 1080p videos, i dont want to buy a gigabit router and then finding out im still having the same problem. if i can get it working with win7 with no problem, not even tweaking anything.. my network speeds should be good enough to do the same thing with linux/xbmc.
99.9% chance it is due to devolo. Had same here, lots of stuttering even though my devolo was rated at 200MBPS and the desktop tool indicated I has an actual 176MBPS (both would be way more than enough).

I have a spare 30 meter utp cable and bypassed devolo and all files played well. Devolo just isn't stable enough, and the througput I got was about it's maximum (differs from home to home). I guess Devolo might look fast, but it is not stable enough.

My solution. As my pc is upstairs and no cables can be made easily (concrete), was to set up a NAS downstairs. I fill the NAS over devolo (doesnt matter how fast that goes) and my HTPC and NAS are linked with a real UTP cable. Bird scene also works fine that way. Alternatively you can put all data on internal harddisk in HTPC.
I ran into a similar problem while trying to build a XBMC box for my sister in law. I could only get 1-2Mbps over wired 100mbit ethernet. Turns out that samba sometimes gets picky. I still haven't gotten it worked out for myself but you can google slow samba transfer for more info. (I'm assuming your NAS is using SAMBA and not UPnP?)
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
I'd put my money on the problem being with the powerline adapters. I had two different models that I tried before ultimately running a cable to my router. The powerline, even the ones rated for HD, just can't cut it.

OTOH, to answer some of the questions above, 100 mbps ethernet is more than enough to stream even the highest bitrate content. As an example, I just started up Transformers 2 now and watched my network utilization. It peaks at 40 mbps. This is well over what you can get on Powerline, but safely under the limitations of a good wired connection.
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p unwatchable on Asrock ION 3300