• 7(current)
WMAPRO r22146 SVN Broken?
Some files don't play sound, some do. I haven't tracked it down yet, the vast majority do have sound. The 1080p file listed earlier in this thread did not have sound.

Interestingly, as of today's SVN update configure fails with FTGL=true hardcoded in configure. I had to remove it to get XBMC to compile.
erhnam Wrote:Wouldn't you get the same result when replacing the trunk/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg/ dir with the ffpmeg svn within the source of XBMC?

I dono maybe. The advantage of not is that I don't have to build ffmpeg every time I build xbmc.
rodalpho Wrote:Some files don't play sound, some do. I haven't tracked it down yet, the vast majority do have sound. The 1080p file listed earlier in this thread did not have sound.

Interestingly, as of today's SVN update configure fails with FTGL=true hardcoded in configure. I had to remove it to get XBMC to compile.

That's interesting, last change to configure was http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/24188 10 days ago.
I did a make clean today, so the change might have come in earlier. Or ftgl was defaulted to enabled somewhere else, or something.
rodalpho Wrote:So I finally managed to get this to compile and run with external FFMPEG. I used the configure line from earlier in the thread, but had to install the following packages:

libavcodec-dev
libavformat-dev
libavutil-dev
libpostproc-dev
libswscale-dev
liba52-dev
libdts-dev
libmpeg2-4-dev
libwavepack-dev
ftgl-dev

trying to build this right now too - first thing i figured that you have a typo here, it should be libwavpack-dev, not libwavepack-dev
Indeed.

Actually, I've been building without external libraries, and if I'm not totally crazy, it looks like the base SVN releases have the improved WMV behavior. Maybe from spiff's changes or something.

By improved I mean that XBMC sees the full length of the video and no longer needs to buffer, and the executable doesn't constantly crash when trying to play. The majority of WMV files still cannot be scanned or fastforwarded at all, but some work 100% where previously they were seekable only after a lot of finagling to extend the buffer.
I've got another problem now: the build went through fine and the seeking DOES work fine now on the files that I tried, HOWEVER, and this is really bad: VDPAU is gone now!

I just tried again running the configure as described in this thread... I think I'll edit this in so we're sure what we're speaking about...

I used this for configure:
./configure --disable-debug --enable-external-ffmpeg --enable-external-liba52 --enable-external-libdts --enable-external-libmpeg2 --enable-external-libass --enable-external-libogg --enable-external-libwavpack --disable-pulse

also at the last attempt I added this to the line: --enable-vdpau

and at the end of configure it says:
------------------------
XBMC Configuration:
------------------------
Debugging: No
Profiling: No
Optimization: Yes
OpenGL: Yes
VDPAU: No
Joystick: Yes
XRandR: Yes
GOOM: No
PCRE Support: Yes
MID Support: No
ccache: No
PulseAudio: No
FAAC: Yes
DVDCSS: Yes
Avahi: Yes
Non-free: Yes
External Libraries: No
External FFmpeg: Yes
External liba52: Yes
External libdts: Yes
External libmpeg2: Yes
External libass: Yes
External libogg: Yes
External libwavpack: Yes
External Python: No
prefix: /usr/local
------------------------

anyone know why?

running this on some xubuntu btw and got all packages as described in 2 posts above with apt-get install lib...

...and for "normal" builds VDPAU had always worked without problems.

ah yes, and this is a Zotac ION board.

UPDATE:

got a step further, seems it moans about external ffmpeg not supporting VDPAU and thus it disables it...

UPDATE 2:

seems I did it, it's "making" now...
had to compile ffmpeg on my own, seems the package u get with apt-get does not support VDPAU (at least I have no clue how to get one...)
also on "make install" it moved it to /usr/local/libs so that still wasn't enough for xbmc's configure to give the green light, so i moved it to /usr/libs and finally it gives VDPAU a go.... linux cracks probably have a clue how to set where this crap moves the files and where xbmc's configure looks for them but anyway....

ah yes, you also need latest nvidia driver for ffmpeg to compile with VDPAU enabled...

UPDATE 3:

oh great, it built it but when i want to play a video it just crashes to the desktop...
Just a small update on this. I tried several wmv files with the 9.11 beta1. When downmix to stereo is turned on I don't have any problems. When it's turned off I can only hear the background sound. The voices for example are gone. I hope this will be fixed in the final release!
Exclamation 
For me most files are now playing and show correct length and allow skipping, however some files still have problem. If you skip or fast forward there it skips right to the end.

Here is one example:
http://members.ilovethebeach.com/trailerHD.wmv
WARNING: if you are easily offended do not look at this, it contains some topless chicks.... it's from the free section of the site so should bo no copyright issue either, everyone can download this...

Also it is only 35 seconds long so adjust the skipping setting to 5s or so and do a few skips. And you will see it jumps right to the end (yes even before you do 7 skips Big Grin)

Have a few other files with the same issue too (different source).
erhnam Wrote:Just a small update on this. I tried several wmv files with the 9.11 beta1. When downmix to stereo is turned on I don't have any problems. When it's turned off I can only hear the background sound. The voices for example are gone. I hope this will be fixed in the final release!

I have noticed this as well. Am only getting background noise. 2 channel however the audio is saying 5.1
spiff Wrote:it works to the extent it works in ffmpeg. if not, provide a sample to prove otherwise and help us debug.

yes, my stance is that everybody should DELETE their wmv files. or encode to a sane format in the first place. that's what i do. i speak for me. if the team has an official stance it would be in the wiki or @ xbmc.org

Hi Spiff,

I did post HERE but apparently no one bothered to reply! Very weird. I posted the log and a downloadable sample for testing. My sample is a VC1 encoded WMV-HD file and it is "unseekable" (cannot fast forward/rewind) on XBMCLive Camelot 9.11.

Has ANY progress been made to get proper WMV/VC1 playback? I have too many files to re-encode so we really need to find a fix.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks!

Steve.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMAPRO r22146 SVN Broken?0