looking for nvidia based mobo. witch one to buy ?
hi

i am looking for a mobo that will have:
ide controller (for my dvd rom) and fompact flash based hdd.
nvidia baseg gpu is a must (vdpau)
spdif optical is a must.
hdmi or dvi is a must.
small size.
resume from usb as i will be using usb ir receiver to suspend and wake up from usb.
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
Have you looked at this article that I mentioned in other posts already?
There is also a comparison table that lists all features of each board in detail (ports and connectors).

It lists the current best HTPC boards for Linux (all Nvidia based).

Please not the Zotac GF9300-ITX doesn't support wake-on-usb yet (so don't chose that one if you want to buy a board now), you will have to wait for the new revision (Rev.3) for that.
ty a lot for reply. i am just wondering how much Wats will the mobo take with cheapest cpu insalled.
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
ukasz Wrote:ty a lot for reply. i am just wondering how much Wats will the mobo take with cheapest cpu insalled.

Hard to say as it depends on a lot of things (efficiency of the PSU, hard disk, optical drives, BIOS settings), but a complete basic system (1 hdd, 1 DVD drive, 2GB RAM) with a E5300 and a Nvidia Geforce 8 or 9 based mobo should draw roughly 55-80 Watts depending on whether it's idle or busy.
When I was looking the cheapest/lowest power socket CPU I could find was the 35W Celeron 440. I got it from ebay for $24 AUD.

Looking at some reviews the Celeron is about the same speed as the Ion330.
Ion being better for some tasks, Celeron better for others.

I am running this in the Zotac 9300, with perfect 1080p, 40w power consumption. 7w being the power brick by itself.
kortina Wrote:When I was looking the cheapest/lowest power socket CPU I could find was the 35W Celeron 440. I got it from ebay for $24 AUD.

Looking at some reviews the Celeron is about the same speed as the Ion330.
Ion being better for some tasks, Celeron better for others.

I am running this in the Zotac 9300, with perfect 1080p, 40w power consumption. 7w being the power brick by itself.

True the Celeron is lower power than the E5300 but if you want to be able to watch Hulu HD then it's not powerful enough, you need at least a E5200/E5300 for that.
If you go for a Celeron than you might as well go for a Zotac IONITX (Atom+ION) board which draws even less power (<30W).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
looking for nvidia based mobo. witch one to buy ?0