[Feature request] button to pick subtitle
Thumbs Up 
Hi Ronie and all,

Again, absolutely beautiful and practical skin! So here's another food for thought:

In Boxee, there is this magnificent subtitle feature when playing movies. I understand it's embedded in the skin they use.

When playing a movie, push the 'subtitle' button, and a list of subtitles in different languages is being presented. Select one of them and automagically the subtitle is added to the running movie.

I think this a kick-ass feature that would make the usages of xbmc/Transparency even more comfortable and luxurious.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Thanks for considering!

Pooh
pooh Wrote:Hi Ronie and all,

Again, absolutely beautiful and practical skin! So here's another food for thought:

In Boxee, there is this magnificent subtitle feature when playing movies. I understand it's embedded in the skin they use.

When playing a movie, push the 'subtitle' button, and a list of subtitles in different languages is being presented. Select one of them and automagically the subtitle is added to the running movie.

I think this a kick-ass feature that would make the usages of xbmc/Transparency even more comfortable and luxurious.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Thanks for considering!

Pooh

check this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56083

for now, you'll have to use the VideoOSD.xml provided with the script.
the next release of Transparency will have the 'Get Subtitles' button already in the OSD and also support other Subtitle scripts (if available).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie. OSD works and opensubtitle.org windows opens and I can browse subtitles. Upon selecting one, it is being downloaded (at least it shows on the screen), but no subtitle is shown. The Audio section of the OSD shows the correct subtitle (the name and 1 out of 1), but upon browsing, the subtitle is not there. (same location as the movie)

I'm using a samba share to store my video's and xbmc has admin rights.

Any clues please?

Cheers!

Pooh
pooh Wrote:Thanks Ronie. OSD works and opensubtitle.org windows opens and I can browse subtitles. Upon selecting one, it is being downloaded (at least it shows on the screen), but no subtitle is shown. The Audio section of the OSD shows the correct subtitle (the name and 1 out of 1), but upon browsing, the subtitle is not there. (same location as the movie)

please ask for help in the opensubtitle.org thread.

cheers. :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
just finished adding support for the Subtitles script.
i gave it a custom look to match the rest of the skin:

Thumbs Up 
looks Cool .Great job again

ronie Wrote:the next release of Transparency will have the 'Get Subtitles' button already in the OSD and also support other Subtitle scripts (if available).

This is also something I wanted. Thanks,
Many thanks Ronie, many thanks!

Can't wait to try the next release :-)

Cheers,
Pooh
Looks great, I like the new OSD
So, you changed the menu-like osd to icons in the info-pane? Really nice, the menu looked ok, but in the middle of the screen it was a quite disturbing.

But how does it work now? Currently, with 'm' you get the menu, with 'i' the info-pane shows up. Where's the 'info'-icon now that shows up the plot? Will media-flaqs still show up? There seems to be enough space on the left of the transport-controls. And what about chapter-numbers, i can't seen them in the screenshot.

Keep up the good work, I think transparency has really the potential to become the next default-skin!
topkat Wrote:But how does it work now? Currently, with 'm' you get the menu, with 'i' the info-pane shows up. Where's the 'info'-icon now that shows up the plot?

the info pane is still unchanged. so 'i' will still bring it up.
'm' will bring up the new menu, which will look quite similar to the info plane.

topkat Wrote:Will media-flaqs still show up? There seems to be enough space on the left of the transport-controls. And what about chapter-numbers, i can't seen them in the screenshot.

all that will still be in the info pane.
maybe i'll add it to the menu too and make info and menu exactly the same.
Ok, thanks for the answer.

Don't you think a single osd with all infos and options in one place would be more usefull? This way you only need one 'osd-button' to bring up all the options you need in fullscreen. Since you stated the info pane and the new menu-pane are quite the same anyway, I vote for a merge. I think two similar looking panes with different functions will confuse the user.
Hello, any hint when the new version will be up...? Just can't wait!
HTPC - Zotac IONITX-A, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD - Ubuntu 9.04 - XBMC - Transparency! skin

My blog... | CNC | XBMC | Holography
Lovely work on the subtitle integration!

I do agree with topkat on merging the osd's.
i'll see what i can do.
it's not as straight forward as it may seem to be.

the info pane has several different layouts, it will show different info based on the content you're playing.
most noticeably, if you playing episodes, it will show ClearArt (if enabled),
for dvd's it will display chapter info.
the ones for musicvideos and live-tv are also slightly different from the other ones.

so a lot more work has to be done on the osd menu i you want to get the same functionality in there...provided there's enough space left to add all the info.
Well, no hurry, but this would be a really advance over other skins.

Uhm, we're getting a bit offtopic, but to be honest, my main concern about xbmc is that the gui still feels a bit 'console-like'. Back when we had xbmc running on the xbox, the main input device was the controller. Since it has a lot of buttons, it made sense to dedicate buttons to a single function.

Now that xbmc shifts to dedicated htpc-hardware, I think a remote control with usally only one 'menu/osd'-button will be the main 'controller'. Just like standalone devices, you usally have only one key on the remote to brings up a menu/osd with all options in one place. I think xbmc should behave the same.

But, do what you feel to do, I'm happy with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature request] button to pick subtitle0