• 13(current)
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched
i'm a plain ordinary user and i don't have the foggiest idea what the h**l anybody is on about. all i want to do is install the showmix skin in dharma ( which you are supposed to be able to do from addons) and watch my films. but everybody is on about all sorts of wierd stuff. can someone just explain ( IN REALLY EASY TERMS!) how to get showmix installed in dharma?. thanks. (NOOOOOOOOBY!!!)
Hello everyone. Brand new XBMC user here. Well, I used it back during the good ol' Xbox1 days, but not since then. Some one recommended it to me because I wanted a great player for my HTPC, specifically for those 1080p x264 .mkv files you see floating around. So far, I am very happy with the results.

Now, I have been trying to get this Aeon skin to work for hours. I go into the System settings, then to Add-ons, then to Get Add-ons, then from XBMC.org, then I choose Skins and of course, this Aeon skin is the only one not there. What's up with that? It'd be great to be able to download and install it right in XBMC, like how it is with the others.

So onto the manual way. This guide and the others that claim to be written for "the normal user" are garbage. I'm sorry, but changing skins should NOT be this tedious! I have NEVER used any program that requires so much bullshit just to change the skin.
Now, I've been using XBMC for a week and I love it. I am very great-full for all those who have put so much time and effort into creating this great player. I really am. But come on... why the hell is it so hard to change a damn skin?

DarkKnight...THANK YOU so much for your post, which was the only one I saw that was usefull. scythe1969, thank you as well.
For anyone else having trouble, heres what I did. using Win7 x64...
1. Download the skin from the link DarkKnight provided.
2. go to C:/program files (x86)/xbmc/ and go into the addon folder.
3. make a folder called skin.aeon
4. extract the contents of that .zip file into the skin.aeon folder.
So now when you open the skin.aeon folder, you see 7 folders (720p, colors, extras, fonts, etc) and some files.
Now in XBMC, go to the settings, then appearance and click on skins. You should see Aeon show up now.

Sorry for the long post. Could have been avoided if this skin thing was easier to do. Now I'm going to uninstall those stupid fking Git programs.
The skin looks great btw! Thank you.
Hey guys just a quick one stuff that i add are not showing up on the recently added list any ideas? I am using showmix 2.5.

Thanks
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched1