• 3(current)
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for the help here. Have two questions on the Mac version:

1) How can I access the "/usr/local/"? Is this possible without the finder?

2) After doing above changes, what could I do to run the script? I read the readme, but dont really understand what I need to do?

Cheers!!!

First off, you need to do these things in terminal/console.

1) Try "ls /usr/local"

2) Again, run the script in terminal/console.
"cd /usr/local/asmupdate" (or wherever you installed the script)
"./asmupdate.sh"
Henkske Wrote:Very cool, but mine doesn't want to copy the fonts file.

What OS are you using? and is this with version 20090818?
patkhoo Wrote:First off, you need to do these things in terminal/console.

1) Try "ls /usr/local"

2) Again, run the script in terminal/console.
"./asmupdate.sh"

Thanks a lot. How to copy into /usr/local?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
patkhoo Wrote:What OS are you using? and is this with version 20090818?

Ubuntu 9.04 and yes the newest version.
but i did it manually so it isn't a big problem
Downloaded and ran on Windows XP Pro.. All I did was change to the correct skin path in the bat file..

I ran it, but it only copied one new folder to my skins directory.. "Aeon Showmix". It didn't copy / create a "Aeon Hitched" or "Aeon Auriga" to my system..

Did I do something wrong?
I think by default Showmix will be the only one to download, you have to un rem (take out the "rem" and put in set) in the lines before the other 2 skins..
ex.
set GETSHOWMIX=1
rem GETAURIGA=1
rem GETHITCHED=1

hope thats what you meant..
atleast that is what I did from the instructions.
nukuvarjo Wrote:I think by default Showmix will be the only one to download, you have to un rem (take out the "rem" and put in set) in the lines before the other 2 skins..
ex.
set GETSHOWMIX=1
rem GETAURIGA=1
rem GETHITCHED=1

That's absolutely correct.

I don't think it's a good idea to enable all three by default since that's a lot more download for most people who just want one of the three.

But if there is a consensus to change the default from Showmix to Auriga/Hitched, I can do it.. Simply that this script was started from the Showmix thread, so that's why Showmix ends up being the default one Rolleyes
nukuvarjo Wrote:I think by default Showmix will be the only one to download, you have to un rem (take out the "rem" and put in set) in the lines before the other 2 skins..
ex.
set GETSHOWMIX=1
rem GETAURIGA=1
rem GETHITCHED=1

Thanks a lot! Worked like a gem! This is an awesome script!!
Downloaded and tried to use this script, all loaded and seem to download the MODs fine but when I run a skin they seem to be incomplete i.e.

Hitched skin is ok

Showmix goes black when I select movies and flashes with the dvd cover art when I move left and right

Auriga only shows Play Disc and Game and wont let me change anythink else to add Movies atc to the menu.
patkhoo

what about adding a function to automatically update xbmc with the auto updater? It would be great to run just one program to get everything. Currently I run the xbmx autoupdater and then run your program to ge the skins updated.

Would this be possible?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
madmunky Wrote:Downloaded and tried to use this script, all loaded and seem to download the MODs fine but when I run a skin they seem to be incomplete i.e.

Hitched skin is ok

Showmix goes black when I select movies and flashes with the dvd cover art when I move left and right

Auriga only shows Play Disc and Game and wont let me change anythink else to add Movies atc to the menu.

That is very strange. Have you tried reloading XBMC? soemtimes showmix needs that especially after a big update..
rflores2323 Wrote:patkhoo

what about adding a function to automatically update xbmc with the auto updater? It would be great to run just one program to get everything. Currently I run the xbmx autoupdater and then run your program to ge the skins updated.

Would this be possible?

Maybe, I've got the same "hassle" as well Smile Let me dig some more details first.
patkhoo Wrote:Maybe, I've got the same "hassle" as well Smile Let me dig some more details first.

suggestion. it would be nice to be able to go back to a previous build or maybe a couple back as sometimes things get out of whack and being able to go back to a build would be great.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
patkhoo Wrote:2) Again, run the script in terminal/console.
"./asmupdate.sh"

Thanks again. I am getting an error message after typing "./asmupdate.sh" saying "/bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: no file or directory". Any thoughts?

*edit* solved using http://www.dos2unix.com
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Need help with the Apple script. Successfully run and the download worked. However, it fails to copy it and shows the following error message

"XBMC skin folder not found in /users/user name/library/application support/xbmc/skin!"

Any thoughts?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched1