• 5(current)
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched
patkhoo Wrote:Sorry, can you double check the script version you are using? Is it 20090818?

EDIT: My Bad, I had that written down in the first page of this post... Sad Try adding the "xbmc" to the path

Yes, I am using the 20090818 version. I believe that the first post should read

"XBMCFOLDER=/users/username/library/application\ support/xbmc/skin"

instead of

"XBMCFOLDER=/user name/library/application support/xbmc/skin"

Unfortunately, it does not work neither with the initial one from post 1 nor with my try to revise it. I always had "xbmc" included in the path.

Any other thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I just downloaded the linux version.

I got an error that says "79 git: not found"

Can someone please check the included git?

I installed git manually by "sudo apt-get install git-core"
Then i pointed GITPATH to /usr/bin/git

Am i doing this right?

I ran the script and right way i got ...

usage: git [....] [...] ........................

I'm affraid something is messed up so i didnt want to try the skin to see if it works.
steve1977 Wrote:Yes, I am using the 20090818 version. I believe that the first post should read

"XBMCFOLDER=/users/username/library/application\ support/xbmc/skin"

instead of

"XBMCFOLDER=/user name/library/application support/xbmc/skin"

Unfortunately, it does not work neither with the initial one from post 1 nor with my try to revise it. I always had "xbmc" included in the path.

Any other thoughts?

hmm, Can you try using quote instead of backslash? Edit the asmupdate.sh, scroll down to where you see "# ---- Update XBMC Skin Folder ----", then just below that, change from

Code:
if (! test -d ${XBMCFOLDER}) then

to

Code:
if (! test -d "${XBMCFOLDER}") then

And set your XBMCFOLDER to:

Code:
XBMCFOLDER="/users/username/library/application support/xbmc/skin"

Do you mind if you give it a try and post the results?
mamexp Wrote:I installed git manually by "sudo apt-get install git-core"
Then i pointed GITPATH to /usr/bin/git

Try pointing GITPATH to /usr/bin instead Smile I think this is due to poor documentation..
edit: dont mean to go off topic.
Hey just wanted to say Ive used the scrip under XP and it worked perfectly with all 3 skins (even thought you need to restart XBMC after you changed to the desired one for the skins to load properly).

Now I'm trying this under OS X with the latest build. I'll post whichever results I get, if I get any but the donwload is extremely slow and I am only at 10% right now. So I'll just be patient.

Cheers anyway
Finished everything and it did get the XBMC Skin folder missing. So I'll just try and fiddle around with it a bit to see if i can get it working. In other news tho, I did find out where everything went and just moved it to my Skins folder mannualy and the skin is working quite alright.
gugahoi Wrote:Finished everything and it did get the XBMC Skin folder missing. So I'll just try and fiddle around with it a bit to see if i can get it working. In other news tho, I did find out where everything went and just moved it to my Skins folder mannualy and the skin is working quite alright.

OK, can you try the instructions in post #63 above on osx and let me know how it went?

thanks v. much in advance!
I did exactly that and it downloaded to a wrong folder and the problem is tha "space" between Application and Support. Just to clarify it did make a difference, instead of downloading to the folder where the .sh resides it downloaded to my hard drive folder. I have been trying to figure out what to put instead of space but nothing has worked so far. If I direct it to for example,
/Users/username/Desktop/folder
everything works fine except for the fonts folder.

edit: now all of a sudden all I'm getting is "fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer" Don't think Ive done anything differently. Any advice?

edit2: Started working again after I reinstalled the entire asmupdate folder therefore back to downloading. OK, everything done, got no errors but the files are nowhere to be found so it clearly did not work.

This is my asmupdate.sh file http://pastebin.com/m2cb05c44

and this is all I get after running the script once everything has already been downloaded initially

"Gugas-MBPro:asmupdate2 guga$ ./asmupdate.sh
From git://github.com/andyblac/aeon
= [up to date] auriga -> origin/auriga
= [up to date] master -> origin/master
HEAD is now at 2396e6b... fixed fallback image on recent tvshows."

]Im pretty sure the only thing creating an error is the syntax. Space should be written in a special way or something.
patkhoo Wrote:hmm, Can you try using quote instead of backslash? Edit the asmupdate.sh, scroll down to where you see "# ---- Update XBMC Skin Folder ----", then just below that, change from

Code:
if (! test -d ${XBMCFOLDER}) then

to

Code:
if (! test -d "${XBMCFOLDER}") then

And set your XBMCFOLDER to:

Code:
XBMCFOLDER="/users/username/library/application support/xbmc/skin"

Do you mind if you give it a try and post the results?

Thanks a lot. Getting closer!!! This brought me to the next step, but results in a new error message...

"cp: illegal option -a"

Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks a lot. Getting closer!!! This brought me to the next step, but results in a new error message...

Any thoughts?
Thanks! This worked great for me :-)
I'm running Ubuntu 9.04.
rflores2323 Wrote:patkhoo

what about adding a function to automatically update xbmc with the auto updater? It would be great to run just one program to get everything. Currently I run the xbmx autoupdater and then run your program to ge the skins updated.

Would this be possible?

Done in 20090901. Please check ASM.README.
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks a lot. Getting closer!!! This brought me to the next step, but results in a new error message...

Any thoughts?

Fixed in 20090901. I guess you are running 10.5.. Please configure "asmupdate.sh" for 10.5 or upgrade to 10.6 Big Grin
Love this has made my life so much easier and I cant thank you enough
I was wondering if I could add another skin to this IE temmi2000

I tried myself with no luck I thought just changing
Quote:git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git %TMPASMGIT%
to
Quote:git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/temmi2000/aeon/aeon.git %TMPASMGIT%
But didn't work :-(
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched1