• 8(current)
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched
patkhoo Wrote:Hi Steve, Couple of questions:

1. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Git?

Thanks a lot. This did the trick. No clue why, but probably something related to my SL update. Now, it works. Thanks a ton!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Mouton Wrote:Sure is... Smile

Here's the Windows version: http://pastie.org/640055
(Untested unfortunately... good luck!)

That works great thanks could you tell me if this just gets any changes ?
I've just bought a Asrock ion 30 and installed Ubuntu (first time Linux user).

I've used the ASMupdate with Windows before, after trying to install the Showmix/Auriga/Hitched I realised I had forgot to change the path of the skin folder in asmupdate.sh. So I tried to ~/usr/share/xbmc (I'm unsure if it's correct to keep the ~) but still can't get the update to work when running asmupdate.sh it updates very quickly as if it was up to date, but I can't seem to find the Showmix/Auriga/Hitched skins anywhere on my computer when doing a search, can anyone help me?
PantsOnFire Wrote:This script is a great idea. Ive had reasonable success with it. But the skin versions seem to argue with one another!! I downloaded all 3 as I'm just starting out with this setup and began to use Aeon Auriga. It all looked fine.

Then I switched to Hitched, which looked great as well. But when I switched back to Auriga, some of its textures were missing, and there were alignment problems. And also backdrops were simply not displaying.

Should this be happening? Or is it best to just stick to having 1 version of Aeon *only* in the skin dir?

I have a feeling that if you switch skins like this, you will need to restart XBMC.. For example, after an update of only Aeon Showmix, sometimes you need to restart XBMC due to "missing text", incorrect buttons, yadda strange weirdness... A restart of XBMC usually irons things out..
KOROR Wrote:I've just bought a Asrock ion 30 and installed Ubuntu (first time Linux user).

I've used the ASMupdate with Windows before, after trying to install the Showmix/Auriga/Hitched I realised I had forgot to change the path of the skin folder in asmupdate.sh. So I tried to ~/usr/share/xbmc (I'm unsure if it's correct to keep the ~) but still can't get the update to work when running asmupdate.sh it updates very quickly as if it was up to date, but I can't seem to find the Showmix/Auriga/Hitched skins anywhere on my computer when doing a search, can anyone help me?

If you didn't configure the skin path in xbmcupdate.sh, then the default folder is <Home_Directory>/xbmc/skin.. try looking in there..
As I'm a total noob at Linux I'm unsure where the <Home_Directory> is, if it's the folder with documents, music, public and so on, then I have no XBMC folder there, I don't know where XBMC did install, I used this guide to install it
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54705

When installing Ubuntu I made 3 partions, 1 for OS (Ubuntu), 1 for swap and 1 for media files, was this a mistake?
Mouton Wrote:@patkhoo

I added the option to get the latest Phil65 mod by temmi2000 in your script.
See my changes here: http://pastie.org/640013

Maybe others would be happy to get this too, so integrating it in your next version might be helpful to others.

Cheers for the nice script.

(Note: I also fixed an issue with spaces in paths at line 129.)

Thanks Mouton! Big Grin I'm working on an update to the script atm, it should make a) configuration easier for new users, and b) adding other Aeon Mods (indeed, git-based skins) easier in the future.

Any other Aeon/<?> skins/mods from git to add?
KOROR Wrote:As I'm a total noob at Linux I'm unsure where the <Home_Directory> is, if it's the folder with documents, music, public and so on, then I have no XBMC folder there, I don't know where XBMC did install, I used this guide to install it
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54705

When installing Ubuntu I made 3 partions, 1 for OS (Ubuntu), 1 for swap and 1 for media files, was this a mistake?

Hi Koror, Firstly, sorry, I don't run XBMC on Linux, so I can't directly check what you are referring to..

That said, if there is no XBMC in your home folder, and you grabbed XBMC via apt-get, then you will (probably) need to set
Code:
XBMCFOLDER=/usr/share/xbmc/skin

Give it a try and let me know if it works..

As for your partition scheme, I think it is fine.. That's how I would partition it myself..
patkhoo Wrote:Any other Aeon/<?> skins/mods from git to add?
I saw interest for Alaska, but it's not really a Aeon mod in any way... Smile
Mouton Wrote:I saw interest for Alaska, but it's not really a Aeon mod in any way... Smile

Well, I think it is OK as long as it is Git-based and more importantly, users are willing to download and test it out. I was under the impression that Alaska is not quite ready yet for beta testing? Do you have the Git URL?
I didn't try it myself, but my guess is that it's 'somewhat working' / alpha stage.

It's in Hitcher's GitHub: git://github.com/Hitcher/Alaska.git
Is this error the reason the skins aren't installing correctly?

/home/thomas/asmupdate/asmupdate.sh: 1: #!/bin/sh: not found

it shows on the very top of terminal when running asmupdate in Ubuntu (Linux)
KOROR Wrote:Is this error the reason the skins aren't installing correctly?

/home/thomas/asmupdate/asmupdate.sh: 1: #!/bin/sh: not found

it shows on the very top of terminal when running asmupdate in Ubuntu (Linux)

That's very odd.. Ubuntu typically has /bin/sh.. Can you check if the shell is there? You can browse to /bin or just do an "ls -l /bin/sh"..

If not, you can either edit the script and change the line to #!/bin/bash or just do a soft link "(cd /bin ; ln -s sh bash)" as admin..

If bash doesn't seem to work either... try ash..
PantsOnFire Wrote:This script is a great idea. Ive had reasonable success with it. But the skin versions seem to argue with one another!! I downloaded all 3 as I'm just starting out with this setup and began to use Aeon Auriga. It all looked fine.

Then I switched to Hitched, which looked great as well. But when I switched back to Auriga, some of its textures were missing, and there were alignment problems. And also backdrops were simply not displaying.

Should this be happening? Or is it best to just stick to having 1 version of Aeon *only* in the skin dir?

As patkhoo already suggested...Restarting XBMC after I switch between an Aeon script fixes the issue for me. Stumbled upon that by accident.
i got problems in the step 4

i got this message:

(T: XBMCLive)root@XBMCLive:/home/asmupdate# ./asmupdate.sh
-bash: ./asmupdate.sh: Permission denied

please help cause i really want to install the aeon pleae
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched1