(ATV) Unable to Scan/Lookup Movies Automatically
So I thought I'd just delete the videos .db and be done with it, but I'm still unable to have XBMC scan my Movies folder and automatically download IMDB info. This used to work on my XBOX, but I can't seem to figure it out on the Apple TV.

Equipment:
- Apple TV 2.3 with XBMC 9.04.1 r20677
- NAS Drive with "Movies" folder

Problem:
From the Sources menu, I'm trying to "Set Content" and "Run Automated Scan" of the movies folder. Each folder contains a single movie within the Movies folder. I make the following selections:
- Directory Contains: Movies
- Scraper: IMDB
- Run Automated Scan: Checked
- Use folder names for lookups: Checked
- Scan recursively: Checked
- Selected folder contains a single video: Checked

...and then click OK.

I see a bar pop up at the top reading: "Downloading Movie information" for about half a second, and then it's gone. It didn't scrape anything!

So, if I go into the Movies folder and select "Movie Information" on an individual folder/movie, it works just fine...so why might this not be working from the "Set Content" level?

Many thanks in advance,

Scott
Quote:- Selected folder contains a single video: Checked

The selected folder (in your case "Movies") clearly does NOT contain a single movie - it contains a bunch of movies, each in their own folder.

Set content to None, Delete movies in the library when prompted, set content back and this time set it up properly.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The selected folder (in your case "Movies") clearly does NOT contain a single movie - it contains a bunch of movies, each in their own folder.

Set content to None, Delete movies in the library when prompted, set content back and this time set it up properly.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ahhhh. Thanks, Jonathan!

Works much better now. Smile
Okay, so the entire library has now been "scraped," but several movies (oddly the ones near the top of the list) only have non-poster info downloaded and didn't grab the movie poster. Is this an IMDB being unavailable issue? Perhaps a trick to ensuring poster downloads is available?

These aren't rare or esoteric movies and have posters on the IMDB site...they just aren't being scraped into XBMC.

Any ideas on this would be wonderful. Thanks again!
Possibly due to site changes on IMDb et. al. Your version is quite old in the scheme of things.

You could try a newer version, or could switch to themoviedb.org's scraper with which you may have more luck.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(ATV) Unable to Scan/Lookup Movies Automatically0