Multiple Movie/TV Folders and metadata question
After a pretty bad experience with Windows 7 Media Center I want to give XBMC a try, but right at the beginning I got two questions:
1. Is it possible to have two Movie / Tv Show folders? I got Movies/Tv Shows in English and German and I want to keep them separate in XBMC.
2. Is it possible to use your own metadata in xbmc? For Windows Media Center I already got movie backgrounds, metadata etc. stored in the movie folder.

Thanks for your help
Ill do an initial reply, someone may have better ideas than me.

1) There is no way to have two seperate movie and tv show librarys, you can hack the music video library to create another one but its not pretty or that easy.
The easiest way to do what you want to do is too create two profiles, one english and one german, that way at startup of xbmc you can choose which one you want and then you will have seperate english and german tv and movies.

2) IF you format your metadata /pictures etc into the right filetypes then yes you can. Posters (dvd covers) need to be movie.tbn (or folder.jpg) and fanart needs to be fanart.jpg. You should use an external media manager though, it makes life a lot easier! i recommend Ember Media Manager.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Movie/TV Folders and metadata question0