Problem playing Star Wars DVDs? Multi-Angle problem maybe?
Sad 
Has anyone else had problems playing the Star Wars movies in XMBC? I'm having troubles with both Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

The problem I've having is right at the beginning during the crawler where the initial text intro to the films flows up the screen. The text flows up once in english, then in several other languages, then keeps looping back through all of the languages and never starts the movie.

I *think* the problem might be that they're using DVD Multi-Angle support to include the crawler text in each supported language.. but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on fixes/workarounds?

Thanks!
Provide a debug log while reproducing the issue please.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Here is the debug logs: http://pastebin.com/m2dd6a82c
In the session in the logs, I'm attempting to play "A New Hope" from an ISO image on the hard drive, however I've also encountered the same issue when playing from the original DVD.
I have the same issue.
Platform - AppleTV
AppleTV Version - 3.0.1
Launcher version - 3.2.4
Install Method - Patchstick
SVN Revision - 9.11 R28256
(2)Seritek 5PM Chassis' :: 12TB
I had this problem on 13.0 and 13.1 Gotham on Crystalbuntu Apple TV1 and also on 13.1 Windows. I think it happened for all six episodes I ripped from DVD to folders. After the yellow intro text scrolled off to the top, instead of panning down the intro would repeat in at least one foreign language. I couldn't skip out of it. I was able to get past the glitch by selecting a chapter from the DVD menu.

I fixed it by disabling "Attempt to skip introduction before DVD menu" under System -> Settings -> Video -> DVDs.

I'll post a debug log with both settings when I get around to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing Star Wars DVDs? Multi-Angle problem maybe?0