Sanity check on the following components
hey guys,

quick sanity check. I'm about to pull the trigger on the following:

Zotac 9300 mini-ITX mobo
SilverStone SG05 case
Intel E5200 Dual Core CPU
Cooler Master GeminII S (which according to HardForum passively cools a Q9550 pretty well)

I have 2GB of Corsair DDR2 800 that will be going into it, and a couple extra 120mm fans that could replace the front fan if it's too loud.

I'm going to be running XBMC Live from a USB flash drive, so I won't need an optical drive nor a HDD.

Controlling everything with an Adesso remote.

Questions:

If I create/install XBMC Live on a USB flash drive (from my other desktop), I shouldn't have any problems when I boot from it with this HTPC, right?

Anything look out of the ordinary with the hardware?

Will the Adesso remote work with XBMC Live out of the box?

Thanks!
I am not certain, but I would assume that since the RAM is shared by the GPU, then you would want DDR2800 (which you have) but also have 2x1g sticks of ram. This would allow the memory to run in dual channel.

I assume that the dual channel *should* ensure that the gpu has faster ram. And therefore performance. I think that the 9300/9400 has a memory bottleneck.

I chose to put 2x2g in my Zotac9300, because it was cheap, and so I could use it as a desktop one day. Turns out that it does such a good job it will never be a desktop. 2x1g will be heaps for XBMCLive even with 512m given to the GPU.
kortina Wrote:I am not certain, but I would assume that since the RAM is shared by the GPU, then you would want DDR2800 (which you have) but also have 2x1g sticks of ram. This would allow the memory to run in dual channel.

I assume that the dual channel *should* ensure that the gpu has faster ram. And therefore performance. I think that the 9300/9400 has a memory bottleneck.

I chose to put 2x2g in my Zotac9300, because it was cheap, and so I could use it as a desktop one day. Turns out that it does such a good job it will never be a desktop. 2x1g will be heaps for XBMCLive even with 512m given to the GPU.

Hi Kortina,

Thanks for the response. I do have 2x1GB Corsair, so I'm good to go on that.

What remote are you using, or are you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sanity check on the following components0