dudes, is this going to work?
hi there:
I currently own a Popcorn Hour but I am considering using the Mac Mini with xbmc (or a flavor of it) as my media streamer. One of the coolest features on the PCH is its ability to detect and automatically switch the refresh rate to coincide with the file I am playing. I do NOT want to manually go in and change this for files that are 25Hz, 24Hz, 30Hz. etc, etc.

Is this automatic with a mac mini / XBMC?
Not currently on the OS X version. It works on Linux and Win32 I believe though.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

bummer. Is this in the pipeline? To me this is a serious drawback, not a nice to have.
etichi Wrote:bummer. Is this in the pipeline? To me this is a serious drawback, not a nice to have.

Most XBMC for Mac users don't see issues with this. OSX seems to handle it nicely and I regularly test with video content that is not at my native refresh rate. This is the prime reason that I've not added it. It seems to cause more problems (based issues on the other two platforms) than it's worth and since I don't visually see any issues under XBMC for Mac, it's not very high on my priority list.
Thanks for that clarification. If there isn't a visual difference then I can proceed onward with my purchase. Only after Snow is released, of course.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dudes, is this going to work?0