[Fixed] Snow Leopard + Apple Remote
mariyoshikong Wrote:I believe there is a work around for this over on the plex forums.
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?showtopic=8658

Messing with system files is a sure way to result in a borked system. This is a bunch of hacks without understanding the consequences...
It was only a suggestion for those who were interested. That is why I posted the link to the entire post rather than post the hack itself.
Just a quick note from my side:
EyeTV has the same problem, which makes it almost unusable Rolleyes
yeah, pretty much every app has the problem currently (VLC, Plex, XBMC, EyeTV, ...), as the AppleRemote code from Martin Kahr is used in one form or another nearly everwhere.

SofaControl seems to have a fix...

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:SofaControl seems to have a fix...

yeah I tried it. Works!
any news so far? i don't want to spend money for SofaControl, so any other solution would be perfekt Smile
BliBlaBlo Wrote:any news so far? i don't want to spend money for SofaControl, so any other solution would be perfekt Smile

no news.
anybody try deleting Front Row? i heard of this a while ago but am sketched out about the idea. Front Row is the only problem for me on 10.6 so i just need to figure out how to take it out of commission.
I haven't even got to the point of trying XBMC yet with Snow Leopard as I'm still configuring my intel macbook pro for other purposes.

in the process, looking at my system logs, i see this repeatedly:

Code:
XBMCHelper[147]    [DEBUG] Reopened Apple Remote in exclusive mode

I suppose this is related, right? Hoping for a fix!
[removed my own post content because it'd essentially be a duplicate - sorry for not reading all posts in this thread before posting]
Soul Wrote:It doesn't work as well as my Harmony did though. It's gone back to only having as many buttons as the Apple Remote does. Maybe I need to create a new device in Remote Buddy or something.....

May I suggest http://funwithcomputers.wordpress.com/20...n-ir-port/ ?
while **patiently** not so patiently waiting for the Snow Leopard upgrade for XBMC, I'm finding the xbmchelper is really going nuts in the logs and I think slowing down the system a lot. tried to disable the always-on function and turn it off completely but it still runs. It seems like it runs at login even though it's not in my login items, I haven't launched XBMC since login, and it is not in /Library/Startup Items.

So how do I kill it permanently for now?

Thanks.
ctawn Wrote:while **patiently** not so patiently waiting for the Snow Leopard upgrade for XBMC, I'm finding the xbmchelper is really going nuts in the logs and I think slowing down the system a lot. tried to disable the always-on function and turn it off completely but it still runs. It seems like it runs at login even though it's not in my login items, I haven't launched XBMC since login, and it is not in /Library/Startup Items.

So how do I kill it permanently for now?

Thanks.

see "~/Library/LaunchAgents/org.xbmc.helper.plist"
davilla Wrote:see "~/Library/LaunchAgents/org.xbmc.helper.plist"

Doh. Bitten by my own mod. I had applied this "temporary" solution before:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=343...tcount=112

so I suppose now I should reverse it with (I did this already):

Code:
chmod +w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/org.xbmc.helper.plist
FYI, here's one of the Snow Leopard Apple Remote related bug reports as submitted to Apple and posted on open radar:

http://openradar.appspot.com/7188724

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Fixed] Snow Leopard + Apple Remote0