Removing settings from plugin added as source in Videos Linux.
Hi
Running 9.04 minimal install with SVN installer added.
Firstly thanks so much for this system/guides/forums been such fun playing with this.

My issue is that I have been adding sources in the Video section of XBMC but I decided to have a play around adding a source and added the TheTVDB.com database to one of the sources

i.e. Add Source>video plugins>plugin name>ok>add>SET CONTENT>TheTVDB.com>finish

Now that I've done that though for this one plug in when ever I start my XBMC it shows a dialogue box that states it's downloading data which takes for ever.

If I try and run the plugin it restarts XBMC (while plug in is installed)

If I try to run a different plugin while dialogue box is open, the dialogue box changes to compressing data base and locks the screen from being able to be controlled from the remote.

I can still access the system through another machine and putty where I've been able to delete the plugin and the go and nano /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/sources.xml and remove the entry for the plug in and everything is fine again

Until I try to add that same plug in back it doesn't give me the option to SET CONTENT as stated above and the situation for downloading info from that site happens again.

So my question is how do I completely remove the plug in so when I re add it, it is as though I am adding the plug in for the first time.

Thanks heaps in advance
uhrr, disable update library on startup?
Thanks for the quick reply

Yes I have done that but it explicitly states that plug in name that it's trying to update and that is the setting that I would like to reset.

I also have it update my actual movie files that I want it to update with the scraper/s at start up but I set that up at a different time and it has not cause me an issue.

This setting for this particular plug in is the one that is causing me grief
if removing the source and choosing yes to remove content from library doesn't work, which it appear to doesn't by your post, I would try renaming the folder to see if it breaks that library path and gets it to fail when updating on startup. it wouldn't be elegant but it should work.

the only other option i can think of is deleting the library, and then re-indexing your movie files.

I think it's more of a library problem than a plugin problem.
Thanks again for the replies

I shut down the computer for the night after deleting the source and editing the sources.xml file again and installed the add on again and this time I got access to set content so I could disable the scan for that particular plug in

*shrug

Well it's resolved now but thanks heaps for the assistance Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing settings from plugin added as source in Videos Linux.0