Use remote on the external player
Hi

I wonder if it is possible to use the remote on the external player. I have set ut EventGhost to use in XBMc, and it works fine in the internal player. But is this somthing that will work with f.eks. MP HomeCinema?

I don`t know if it is the same key kombinations in that player. Or how to fix this.

I have tried to look at the forum, all over. But could not find anything about this.

Hope someone can help me.

Sorry for my bad English.

Kindly

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
i am sitting at my computer trying to get MPC-HC working with my harmony remote within XBMC (have just started though)
i havent gotten verry far yet but i can say as much as the keys to MPC-HC is definitible
so you can use the same keys in MPC-HC as the keyboard uses in XBMC.
so it should work just fine to get it to work.
let me know what you manage to come up with.
I have set up my Harmony with XBMC, work like a sharm... I used EventGhost. Made my own setting, when I didn`t find the settings on net like I wanted them. Whas really easy to..

How do I change the keys in MP HC?
You open MPC-HC
and click View-> Options -> Player -> Keys
and there you can change all sorts of keys for mpc by clicking on the Q on the first line for example that is bound to "Quick open file" In this example Ctrl is also bound to that command (command is Ctrl+Q) so for changeing this particular command to one key stroke on the remote i suggest you sett the Ctrl command to "None"

hope you understand what i am talking about otherwise let me know

I have sett up My Harmony remote using a Hauppauge Ir Reciver and then in the Logitech Harmony remote program i added a new device and serched for MCE Keyboard. and thats it ... no need for any other programs like Eventghost or such.
This "trick" was supposingly for the MCE IR Reciver but it workt with my Hauppauge strait out of the box. Nice as hell
About the keybord.. Maybe I suld trie that... Hmm incase the EG hangs ore somthing... Hehe
Yes you should... you dont even have to make any changes to windows it self if you dont want to just add "MCE Keyboard" in the Logitechsoftware and when done try the remote and see if it responds to your ir reciver. If it does great, map your keys and everything is set. if it dont well then you have at least tried and you can remove the "MCE Keyboard" in the Logitech remote software and you have to find another sullution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use remote on the external player0