1080p 60hz 50hz problem
Hi.

Running pre-9.10 r22278

So I am still having trouble setting the correct refresh rates. I have a Samsung LE40B550. I can get xbmc working fine in 1920x1080 50hz and 60hz (the tv manual says 60hz is optimum so the GUI is running that). Now I had been running it for a bit in 60hz but it is my understanding that some of the TV should play in 50hz. The TV supports both refresh rates and reports it correctly on screen.

The problem comes when I turn on adjust refresh rate. Using this xorg.conf : http://pastebin.com/m78063b3a

When I first boot it up everything is in 60hz. I play a uk tv episode and the screen turns to 50hz perfectly. I stop the video, it drops out of full screen and reports 60hz. I press \ and get it back to fullscreen. It then rarely plays a 50hz video properly, running them in 60hz.

**Just been testing some more. On some of the files it's deciding to do 24hz which my tv does not support (fills only a small quarter of the screen.

Any ideas please. I still have TV calibration to do (actually can anybody offer an opinion - do you calibrate the tv or nvidia-settings, or both).

Please, please help. Even if it's pointing in the right direction. Thanks.
I need TP for my bunghole
My head is literally going to explode.

So it seems my TV supports 24p. So I've followed this thread here

So now. I load up xbmc. It is in 1080p 60. Great. I load up a film. It is in 1080 24. Great. Stop the film. It drops out of fullscreen and then proceeds to play everything at 60. I have to logout and log back in to get it working just once or twice.

I must be nearly there.

Latest xorg.conf
Latest xbmc crash log
The disable dynamictwinview option belongs in the device section.
Thanks.

I just copied and posted from another thread. And tbh I've got like 50 copies of various configs and it kind of frazzles my eyes after a while. I'm sure you understand.

No change though. Still almost but not quite there...

*Deleting guisettings.xml solved the problem. It is now working beautifully.
The problem still remains.

I thought that deleting guisettings.xml had fixed the problem. But it has only made it less bad. I've been testing it this morning and it is still pretty much as it was e.g.

I load up ubuntu. I launch xbmc by hand. It loads into 1920x1080 60 fullscreen. I load up killasample and it changes to 50hz (plays okay). Returns to gui in 60hz (usually dropping out of fullscreen). I put it back in fullscreen and try running killasample.

After repeating this it usually crashes. Here is the crash log:

I have read numerous threads here and on other forums and it is driving me mad. My gf doesn't understand why it has to change at all (she can't see any difference when it's running at 60 for everything) but I think I'm almost there.

Oh and trailers seem to have stopped working for me. Please help!
Could anyone let me know if they are either

1) suffering/have suffered the same

and/or

2) know what I'm talking about

I've just watched a film in 1920x1080 24 and played great. It's the autoswitching between modes that's causing problems. Am I alone?
Try with nvidia's 185.18 driver series, they might be more stable.
Went back to 185.18. No difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p 60hz 50hz problem0