• 5(current)
MiniMeedia v0.95 Released (19/08/2009)
Done
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Done.

Pressing right from any item in the Movies/TV Shows submenus will take you to the relevant latest media area.

The Latest Movies/Episodes submenu items have now been removed.

Nod perfect...

Btw, did a rebuild of my brother his xbox and have to mention it:
Your skin is so damn great !!!!Big Grin
110 games with nice big custom covers
150 Movies in library
350 tv shows in library
300 music albums with artist/album, info/thumb.
All backgounds/fanart 1280x720..........and here it comes !!!!

All Thumbs are cached to userdata 384x384Cool (default xbox 192x192)
They look so freaking nice now on TV, even in exhibit view!
And no problems so far !

Tried also 512x512 but that was a No when scrolling thru list the backgrounds didn't load properly.

It's time to rebuild my own xbox Laugh
i have to set my thumbs to 384 too Smile but i have to delete the exported ones first Sad

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
skunk,

is it possible to check for existence of a fanart image for a movie, if not show a thumb in the latest movies area of the poster, some movies like foreign movies seldom have fanart but most likely have thumbs.
xbs08 Wrote:i have to set my thumbs to 384 too Smile but i have to delete the exported ones first Sad

Huh don't you use MC or Ember.Huh
The .tbn an folder.jpg with mine movies are as big a possible.
Xbmc will resize them anyway when caching to userdata.

Fanart needs to be 1280x720 or smaller, otherwise the xbox can't cache them.
manojav Wrote:skunk,

is it possible to check for existence of a fanart image for a movie, if not show a thumb in the latest movies area of the poster, some movies like foreign movies seldom have fanart but most likely have thumbs.

I hacked up a latest.py to do the above.

basically does the same check on fanart as thumb and if there is no fanart there is guaranteed to be a thumb, and set fanart = thumb

Quote: fanart = "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, )
# initial thumb path
thumb = "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( thumb_cache[ 0 ], thumb_cache, )
# if thumb does not exist use an auto generated thumb path
if ( not os.path.isfile( xbmc.translatePath( thumb ) ) ):
thumb = "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/auto-%s" % ( thumb_cache[ 0 ], thumb_cache, )
if ( not os.path.isfile( xbmc.translatePath( fanart ) ) ):
fanart = thumb
self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestMovie.%d.Thumb" % ( count + 1, ), thumb )
self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestMovie.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), fanart )

Code:
Index: latest.py
===================================================================
--- latest.py   (revision 2324)
+++ latest.py   (working copy)
@@ -126,13 +126,16 @@
             # get cache names of path to use for thumbnail/fanart and play path
             thumb_cache, fanart_cache, play_path = self._get_media( fields[ 24 ], fields[ 23 ] )
             self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestMovie.%d.Path" % ( count + 1, ), play_path )
-            self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestMovie.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, ) )
+           fanart = "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, )
             # initial thumb path
             thumb = "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( thumb_cache[ 0 ], thumb_cache, )
                 thumb = "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/auto-%s" % ( thumb_cache[ 0 ], thumb_cache, )
+            if ( not os.path.isfile( xbmc.translatePath( fanart ) ) ):
+                fanart = thumb
+            self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestMovie.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), fanart )

def _fetch_tvshow_info( self ):
         # set our unplayed query
@@ -160,13 +163,17 @@
             thumb_cache, fanart_cache, play_path = self._get_media( fields[ 24 ], fields[ 23 ] )
             self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Path" % ( count + 1, ), play_path )
-            self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, ) )
+            fanart =  "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, )
             # initial thumb path
             self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Thumb" % ( count + 1, ), thumb )
+            if ( not os.path.isfile ( xbmc.translatePath( fanart ) ) ):
+               fanart = thumb ;
+           self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), fanart )
+

def _fetch_music_info( self ):
         # sql statement
@@ -217,4 +224,4 @@

if ( __name__ == "__main__" ):
     Main()
-
\ No newline at end of file
+

tested it out for movies and tv.

if there is an easier way to do it in the skin, let me know.
Great news. Big Grin

I know the skin is one of those that doesn't look the flashiest in static screen shots but it does seem to work very smoothly and is fairly simple to use. Will have to put together a fancy video of it in action at some point.

Waffa Wrote:Nod perfect...

Btw, did a rebuild of my brother his xbox and have to mention it:
Your skin is so damn great !!!!Big Grin
110 games with nice big custom covers
150 Movies in library
350 tv shows in library
300 music albums with artist/album, info/thumb.
All backgounds/fanart 1280x720..........and here it comes !!!!

All Thumbs are cached to userdata 384x384Cool (default xbox 192x192)
They look so freaking nice now on TV, even in exhibit view!
And no problems so far !

Tried also 512x512 but that was a No when scrolling thru list the backgrounds didn't load properly.

It's time to rebuild my own xbox Laugh
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thanks, I'll have a think about it (fallback textures may work but will have to test and see).

manojav Wrote:I hacked up a latest.py to do the above.

basically does the same check on fanart as thumb and if there is no fanart there is guaranteed to be a thumb.

Code:
Index: latest.py
--- latest.py   (revision 2324)
+++ latest.py   (working copy)
@@ -126,13 +126,16 @@
             self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestMovie.%d.Path" % ( count + 1, ), play_path )
-            self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestMovie.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, ) )
+           fanart = "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, )
             # initial thumb path
+            if ( not os.path.isfile( xbmc.translatePath( fanart ) ) ):
+                fanart = thumb
+            self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestMovie.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), fanart )

def _fetch_tvshow_info( self ):
         # set our unplayed query
@@ -160,13 +163,17 @@
             self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Path" % ( count + 1, ), play_path )
-            self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, ) )
+            fanart =  "special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/%s/%s" % ( "Fanart", fanart_cache, )
             # initial thumb path
             self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Thumb" % ( count + 1, ), thumb )
+            if ( not os.path.isfile ( xbmc.translatePath( fanart ) ) ):
+               fanart = thumb ;
+           self.WINDOW.setProperty( "LatestEpisode.%d.Fanart" % ( count + 1, ), fanart )
+

def _fetch_music_info( self ):
         # sql statement
@@ -217,4 +224,4 @@

if ( __name__ == "__main__" ):
     Main()
-
\ No newline at end of file
+

tested it out for movies and tv.

if there is an easier way to do it in the skin, let me know.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Great news. Big Grin

I know the skin is one of those that doesn't look the flashiest in static screen shots but it does seem to work very smoothly and is fairly simple to use. Will have to put together a fancy video of it in action at some point.

All those skins that look flashy are because of the overlays... they got a big wow factor but after a while I get bored looking to the same overlays/shadows/cases/etc.

MiniMeedia never bored me.....
Flashiest skin there is, looks always different Rofl (got a lot of backgrounds/fanart.)
Menu is simpel and perfect ! (including left submenuLaugh)
It just let me see what I want to see : Fanart - Poster - Flags - (minimal) Info.
If I want to see an compleet info, I use the info screen (it's made for that)

Imo Best skin there is !!!

Skunk maybe you like this view.
Got another diff for you, this one enables the use of the "Feels like" temperature on the home screen instead of the normal temp. Useful in the winter for those living regions affected by wind chills !

Code:
in strings.xml
<string id="31222">Use Feels Like instead of Temperature</string>

Index: 720p/Home.xml
--- 720p/Home.xml       (revision 2324)
+++ 720p/Home.xml       (working copy)
@@ -81,12 +81,21 @@

<control type="label">
           <font>SmallDefaultFont</font>
+          <include>HomeWeatherFeelsLikeText</include>
+          <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ShowLargerClock) + Skin.HasSetting(UseFeelsLikeTemp)</visible>
+        </control>
+        <control type="label">
+          <include>HomeWeatherFeelsLikeText</include>
+          <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ShowLargerClock) + Skin.HasSetting(UseFeelsLikeTemp)</visible>
+        </control>
+        <control type="label">
+          <font>SmallDefaultFont</font>
           <include>HomeWeatherTemperatureText</include>
-          <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ShowLargerClock)</visible>
+          <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ShowLargerClock) + !Skin.HasSetting(UseFeelsLikeTemp)</visible>
         </control>
         <control type="label">
           <include>HomeWeatherTemperatureText</include>
-          <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ShowLargerClock)</visible>
+          <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ShowLargerClock)+ !Skin.HasSetting(UseFeelsLikeTemp) </visible>
         </control>
       </control>
     </control>

Index: 720p/Includes.xml
--- 720p/Includes.xml   (revision 2324)
+++ 720p/Includes.xml   (working copy)
@@ -832,6 +832,17 @@
     <aligny>center</aligny>
     <label>$INFO[Weather.Temperature]</label>
   </include>
+
+  <include name="HomeWeatherFeelsLikeText">
+    <posx>320</posx>
+    <posy>24</posy>
+    <width>75</width>
+    <height>34</height>
+    <textcolor>Selected</textcolor>
+    <align>left</align>
+    <aligny>center</aligny>
+    <label>$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.FeelsLike)] °C</label>
+  </include>

<include name="LatestMediaBG">
     <control type="image">

The only thing I have missing is that I am not able to Localize the temperature so i have hard-coded the degrees C. Anyone know how to get the region based temperature scale?
Waffa Wrote:Skunk maybe you like this view.

Im not skunk but that is once slick view Nod
grupy Wrote:Im not skunk but that is once slick view Nod

Indeed

On the latest videos... only thing i dont like is that you cant cycle thru, should be like in list views, when you hit the latest item and press down you go to the first one and vice-versa.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Indeed

On the latest videos... only thing i dont like is that you cant cycle thru, should be like in list views, when you hit the latest item and press down you go to the first one and vice-versa.

yeah I thought about that too .On the 4th item cant you move the focus the first item on move down? on up move to 4th item from first.. should be do-able will have a look..

just had a look not that easy after all :-)
Lol, it's do-able. look to the mod xbs08 made.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54981
Waffa Wrote:Lol, it's do-able. look to the mod xbs08 made.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54981

Its true.. is doable and easy..

here is the diff that gets it done.

Code:
@@ -667,9 +673,11 @@
         </control>

<control type="list" id="450">
-          <include>LatestMediaList</include>
+        <include>LatestMediaList</include>

-          <itemlayout width="236" height="38">
+          <onup>450</onup>
+               <ondown>450</ondown>
+       <itemlayout width="236" height="38">
             <control type="label">
               <posx>4</posx>
               <width>228</width>
@@ -779,6 +787,8 @@
           <height>160</height>
           <include>LatestMediaList</include>

+         <onup>451</onup>
+         <ondown>451</ondown>
           <itemlayout width="236" height="38">
             <control type="label">
               <posx>4</posx>

am sure xbs08 already has that :-) since I just lifted it from his skin. that enables a it to wrap with a moving focus..
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.95 Released (19/08/2009)1