Updating the movie database
Hi,
It may be a stupid question, but I use library mode with MS, and when I delete a movie from my pc, it still shows on XBMC.
Is it normal? Is it possible to automatically remove deleted files from the library?
thx
Well, if you set XBMC to automatically update library on start up it should clear those out. You could also just do a manual scan. I think that should do it.
SHen350 Wrote:Well, if you set XBMC to automatically update library on start up it should clear those out. You could also just do a manual scan. I think that should do it.

I did try a manual scan, but the movie still shows.
Updating the library takes a few minutes no? doing it every time XBMC starts, is kinda not practical.
You have to run a "clean library". That will clear out dead links to files that arent there anymore.
SlaveUnit Wrote:You have to run a "clean library". That will clear out dead links to files that arent there anymore.

I also did that after I installed MS, but that also takes a lot of time.
Do I have to clean the library and rescan all my movies every time I delete one file? It's not logical...
If you delete just one file, then go to it in your library after you've deleted it and try selecting it. A box will pop up telling you it's no longer available and offer to clean it from the library. That's what I do when I delete one or just a few things when I don't feel like using the Clean Library tool.

Clean Library does not mean wiping it out. It just means cleaning out files that are no longer available. If you want to wipe out your library, you'd have to delete the MyVideos34.db file within UserData\Database.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
I see. So the only "practical" solution is to remove each file by searching/trying to play it after it is deleted.
Not really. Either:

- Delete your movies via XBMC's library mode and the database entry gets deleted also.
- If you delete movies via xbmc file manager / OS, go to settings - video - library - clean library
- Or if your videos are stored on a local hdd, you could enable this http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E look for <cleanonupdate>. Then each time you run a database update, nonexistent database entries will be removed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating the movie database0