How do I access files on my Laptop? Xbox>Desktop>Laptop Using 3 crossover cables.
I want to move some of my videos to the laptop hard drive, but the XBOX doesn't see the Laptop.

They are all in the same workgroup CROSSOVER

Is this possible?
On your own, 'cause that's one hack ass setup and has zip to do with XBMC.
Firesign3394 Wrote:I want to move some of my videos to the laptop hard drive, but the XBOX doesn't see the Laptop.

They are all in the same workgroup CROSSOVER

Is this possible?
all i have to say is... wtf? get a damn hub or switch.. the are as cheap as like 10 bucks....
otherwise learn how to bridge 2 nics on a desktop
The cheapest hub I have seen in stores was 35 dollars. This was significantly cheaper and works just as well. Maybe what I'm trying to do is not possible.
Could you connect the laptop and xbox using just one crossover cable and move the files?
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Firesign3394 Wrote:The cheapest hub I have seen in stores was 35 dollars. This was significantly cheaper and works just as well. Maybe what I'm trying to do is not possible.

5 port switch - 1.79 after rebate - 11.79 before: switch
nicoli_k Wrote:Could you connect the laptop and xbox using just one crossover cable and move the files?

exactly Huh struggling to see the issue here..... just give the Lappy 192.168.1.1 and the xbox 192.168.1.2 with 255.255.255.0 mask.... fire up FTP...
My XBOX hard drive is like 8 gigs, so I don't want to FTP.

I want to stream. All my media is on my desktop, but I want to use my laptop to stream media too. I want the media to go from my laptop through the desktop to my XBOX.

I looked at the switch and I think I may purchase it.
My bad, I mean use 2 crossover cables. I have 2 ethernet jacks on my computer and one is used to connect to the laptop and the other is used to connect to the XBOX.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I access files on my Laptop? Xbox>Desktop>Laptop Using 3 crossover cables.0