Media flagging with dvd rips into VIDEO_TS folders
Question 
Firstly, I apologise for bringing this up again, but I've read all the posts I can find about media flagging but am still a bit confused on how to do it specifically for dvd rips into VIDEO_TS folders (e.g. /Movies/Iron Man/VIDEO_TS/<files>). I've set the "extract media metadata info" in the video options and get the Studio flag appearing correctly, but the default "?" flag for everything else.

I presume as my rips are to several files in VIDEO_TS I can't set the <studio> etc. into the filename, so do I have to create a .nfo files with appropriate information for the flags to show up? Or is this now not necessary with the "native" media flagging support in XBMC? Or is it just better to rip to mp4 and do it like that?

Any help for a newbie (obvious, huh...) is greatly appreciated.

------

XBMC revision: 22240
Aeon Auriga revision: July 16th 2009 commit from http://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga
I could be wrong but I believe ember media manager supports this and will do everything you want automatically.
Awesome! Thank you so much, that worked like a dream Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(Incidentally, I'm using a Mac, so thanks to the magic of VMWare Fusion I can still run Ember Media Manager. Is there a native alternative for the Mac?)

I just have 2 further (very) quick questions:

[1] The only thing I'm missing now is the source type, e.g. dvd, bluray etc. However, this thread says:

Quote:[Source] (Remember, this CANNOT be deduced from the movie file, therefore it has to be explicity defined in the filename. If you're using Video_TS folders from DVD Rips, then I think you're screwed with the source tag (but the other tags should work fine))
bluray
sddvd
hddvd
hdtv

Anyone confirm that? OK, I can turn off the default images so I'm not too worried, It'd just be nice to know whether I can rename one of the files ember creates to add a "dvd' source portion and then get the icon to appear?

[2] Ember Media Manager doesn't seem to automatically get "extrathumbs" for the multiplex view. I've downloaded and installed them manually from djh's post manually, but am I missing something in Ember that can do it automatically?

Thanks again.
1. yes this is ok I dont bother with normal dvdrips but all my Bluray rips have
Quote:name of movie (year) Bluray
and pics up the flags fine
Maybe in time ember will release a mac version :p
2. Its in the option for it to grab extra thumbs BUT it will only do it if the films are in there own Folder.
I think its scrape-movie-extrathumbs if this is greyed out then its because of your folder structure.
Thanks for the reply. Regarding [2] my movies *are* in their own folders, like so:

-->Movies
----> Fight Club
--------> VIDEO_TS
----------------> <files>
----> Iron Man
--------> VIDEO_TS

etc.

Any ideas? Maybe I'll just have a bit of a play with EMM some more...
snowdrift Wrote:Thanks for the reply. Regarding [2] my movies *are* in their own folders, like so:

-->Movies
----> Fight Club
--------> VIDEO_TS
----> Iron Man
--------> VIDEO_TS

etc.

Any ideas? Maybe I'll just have a bit of a play with EMM some more...
I would post in The ember forum Would appear to be an issue with that ask in there they are really helpful
Will do. Thanks for all your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media flagging with dvd rips into VIDEO_TS folders0