PC vs Xbox
I normally run this skin on an Xbox on my BigScreen Tv in the living room. Last night I bought out a Dual core 1.6 just to see how it would do. I was only running a PC VGA cable because I don't have an HDMI or DVI cable on my machine.

WOW. The skin is amazingly smooth and it just seems to glide from one screen to another. I gave the trailers button a try and it fired off without a hitch.

Do not get me wrong. The Xbox can run this just fine and it has for several weeks, but a good powered PC makes it look like pure candy. No delays, no funky transistions it just works well.

Xbox
800mhz processor
64meg of ram
High Def Pack with Componet Cables

My test machine
Dual core 1.6 processor
1gig of ram
VGA off the crappy on board video
With update library on start enabled
With recent Tv Show, Movie, Album all enabled

My attempts are not to turn this into a PC vs Xbox topic just for you guys running an Xbox and or just a PC I wanted you to know my little observations with this awesome skin.
Is it possible to use HDMI with the XBOXHuh

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:Is it possible to use HDMI with the XBOXHuh

I was going to ask the same thing as Ive been looking for a HD source output from the XBOX and just last week finally purchased a set of cables from Ebay for it.
Bram77 Wrote:Is it possible to use HDMI with the XBOXHuh

If it is I've not heard of a way to do it. I use an xbox component cable like this one

set at 720P. Everything looks gorgeous and DVDs and xvids are upscaled so look way better. Using Transparancy with unedited fan art everything runs smoothly. Granted it won't be as good as a decent PC but we're talking about a machine that can be bought for peanuts now-adays.

I've been looking into building a HTPC but have just recently spotted the Western Digital TV which I have seen for around £70 on Amazon. I'm gonna get one in a week or two and use it solely for 720p and 1080p mkvs and such but still keep my xbox for standard def stuff, like all the tv rips, dvds and for mp3s, retro gaming and shoutcast. My only wish would be someone would produce an xbox case to replace the standard fugly one to make it a bit sexier, something like this beauty which some talented individual made.

Link for this can be found here.
Ooops, I forgot I had the HighDef Pack with components. Not HDMI and updated my first post.

Yeah I'm just blown away on how nice this skin looks on the PC and the Xbox. For those that are even remotely considering this skin you gotta do it.
kizer Wrote:Ooops, I forgot I had the HighDef Pack with components. Not HDMI and updated my first post.

Yeah I'm just blown away on how nice this skin looks on the PC and the Xbox. For those that are even remotely considering this skin you gotta do it.

I definitely have to agree, this skin on a xbox (using full Transperancy! and not the scaled down version) looks awesome and works very nicely.

I cant wait to get my HD component cables for my Xbox and have it up and running!!!

Next project is definitely going with a HTPC but thats once I figured out more about how XBMC works. Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC vs Xbox0