• 2(current)
Upgraded to build 22290, digital audio issues. Crash on seek, fast video, etc.
Thanks for the heads up, guys. I'm going to stay away from the SVN for a few days.
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Just updated to build 22295 and playing movies with DTS Audio, i get no sound.

Audio Hardware Settings are on Analog and Downmix Multichanel to Stereo

Reverted back to build 22252 and DTS Audio is working.

Debug Log : http://pastebin.ca/1538071

P.S. Dolby Digital 5.1 Downmix was working fine in 22295. Only DTS was broken.

-Pr.

Me too..
I missing all voices but only on ISO rips. My DIVX files, and music sounds fine...Very weird! 22275 fixed it for me. I was going INSANE trying to find out what was going on.
Zeppstar Wrote:If you go to setting/audio and select Downmix to Stereo(2 Channels), DTS/Dobly sources will work. Quick solution until this problem is sorted.

Thanks for the tip, but it also didn't work for me. still getting 9000-10000% error rate, and dropped frames are flying through the roof.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Same problem here Sad
i backed up my preferences and library before update, should've done a full disk backup. oh well...anyone know an easy way to go back to 21936?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I just posted a query in another thread before I saw this. It seems to happen only when there is a DTS audio track in the file. This includes when there are multiple audio tracks in a file. eg. I can play 5.1 AC3 downmixed to 2.0 channel analog, I cannot play DTS downmixed. Annoying that it defaults to DTS downmixing when both audio files are present, I wish I knew how to turn that off, I only have two speakers! But aint smoothvideo sweet Smile
I've just recently compiled svn #22283 and installed and dobly output has returned. Looking at trac I noticed that #22285 incorporated some audio updates that might have broken dolby. In addtion to this #22286 changed the way DVD's seek.

My xbmc has retuned to normal.

To do this you need to compile from source as you cannot revert to previous ppa revisions.

If your having problems compiling (errors) as I did. Install flex and bison as well.

Zepp
HW : Multiple Asrock 330HT + NAS
SYS: xbmc-live 10.0
So I have to revert. I've only used PPA's to date, I'm not sure I really want to compile everything from scratch. I just know that will mean there will be other things go wrong! Smile

I think I'll wait, unless (me being a beginner) you're going to tell me the PPA's only come out monthly or something?
PPA gennerally come out every 1-3 days but waiting for the fix might take a while unless the devs roll back the changes. who knows Wink I normaly use PPA's as well but these bugs are too severe for my liking.
HW : Multiple Asrock 330HT + NAS
SYS: xbmc-live 10.0
Oh good! I'm lucky, I don't have a lot of DTS, my system's made for music, not for hearing helicopters fly overhead Wink Funny how there's two camps for the surround or not to surround...
same problems here, on newest svn
movie speeds up, massive frame drops and no "passtrough" sound.
stereo is still working fine.
same problem here on 22290. Simple Divx playback is okay, the rest (mkv, iso, HD stuff) is not. The "downmix to stereo" fix does not work here too Sad
Zeppstar Wrote:To do this you need to compile from source as you cannot revert to previous ppa revisions.
Zepp

Why you cant ?

I uninstalled via apt-get the 22290 svn and installed than via dpkg my old 22278 again.
Code:
dpkg -i xbmc-common_9.04.2+svn22278-jaunty1_i386.deb xbmc-skin-pm3-hd_9.04.2+svn22278-jaunty1_i386.deb xbmc-web-pm3_9.04.2+svn22278-jaunty1_i386.deb

you can also install via apt-get install xbmc=[svnVERSION] a version you want but this didnt work for me so i used dpkg.
Thanks MrDVD for the note on how to roll back Smile I am a complete n00b with linux, so your help was much appreciated.

To Note :- In trouble shooting, I upgraded to ALSA 1.0.20 using the upgrade script in Ubuntu forums, however this did not resolve the issue.

I have now rolled back to 22278 and will await a recompiled PPA. I am unfortunately not confident at the moment to be able to complile my own. I manage to negotiate my way round linux with a clipboard!!! Wink

They dont call me the copy & paste kid for nothing! Wink
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to build 22290, digital audio issues. Crash on seek, fast video, etc.0