[ALL] Multiple database support
The ability to have multiple database selection (library 1, library 2, ect...)
Reason behind this is i am using ORB with UPnP Browsing and Directstream enabled over my VPN connection to Transrate a video stream over the internet, so i would like to setup a library for the ORB connection only, independent on my primary video database that has all my workgroup linked videos.. Basically it is the same exact movies and tv shows, but with 2 separate paths (one using a UPnP source and the other using a SMB source)...
Right now i am just renaming the DB file before i load up xbmc but would be nice to not have to constantly rename the files...
I'd like to give this a bump (although for different reasons).

I keep my TV stuff organized in a couple of different shares on my server and it would be nice to be able to select different libraries based on which part of my collection I want to see.

The categories aren't terribly specific and often quite arbitrary. So, it really is only the shares that drive them. Roughly, they are
1) new TV that I've not watched
2) older TV that I've not watched
3) all TV.

So, if I pick up season 1 of Seinfeld, I'll stick it in "old TV" while new episodes of 30 rock will go in "new tv".

For the life of me I can't find a way to filter out the "new TV" stuff if i want to find olders shows that I've got hanging around.

Separate libraries would do this (and was the solution I used on my popcorn hour before I moved back to XBMC).
you have multiple libraries by simply enabling profiles and setting up different sources for each profile.

this does not let you have multiple libraries active simultaniously tho that could be done by simply having multple xbmc on the network.
While I dig what you're saying, I don't think my wife would share our definition of "simply". It sounds like it would be at least three or four clicks of the remote to do what you're saying and that is probably three or four clicks beyond her definition of "simply".

But, I may put this trick away and us it myself.

thanks.
rcrh Wrote:While I dig what you're saying, I don't think my wife would share our definition of "simply". It sounds like it would be at least three or four clicks of the remote to do what you're saying and that is probably three or four clicks beyond her definition of "simply".

But, I may put this trick away and us it myself.

thanks.

I have already raised a ticket for a new wife (preferably can cook AND code). I'm more than happy to add you to the number of folks seeking the same resolution.
AnalogKid Wrote:I have already raised a ticket for a new wife (preferably can cook AND code). I'm more than happy to add you to the number of folks seeking the same resolution.

We have humour, charm, and good looks and yet we wonder why the chicks don't dig us!
I am also looking to have multiple Library's on my XBMC install for a couple of different reasons. I have a separate folder with all of the movies for my son to watch. So if I could just sort all of those instead of looking through all of my not kid friendly movies would be great. Also my roommate has an XBMC install with the same files as mine except he has ran out of space on his system. If he could have a library mode for my system separate from his system so when I get new material he can see it with all the info instead of going into file mode. He prefers to play local files but if he doesn't have it on his server he will look to mine.

I'm now wondering if maybe I could just make a new genre for my son and sort all of his movies there. I will have to see if I can easily do that in Ember Media Manager. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALL] Multiple database support0