[Live] UPNP Server: No Files in Subfolders shown to PS3 (DLNA Error -1)
Hi togehter,
I'm using my ION based XBMC Live also for UPNP serving the content of the two XBMC-connected harddisks to my PS3. I activated everything on the XBMC and the PS3 can see the main folder I am sharing and can also play the video files that are in there. When I open a subfolder of that folder, the PS3 says 'No files' and shows the DLNA Error -1.

Did I misconfigure something?

Kind regards
Selti
by subfolder do you mean library? cause the only thing i really test is the library feature. i've been pondering removing the other support.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have the same problem.

I want to stream music to my PS3 using upnp.

I have xbmc installed on Sabayon Linux.

I have enabled the upnp server in xbmc under:

settings->network->upnp->enable upnp server

I have added a share pointing to my network drive containing my music files under:

settings->network->upnp->manage upnp music shares

My PS3 can see the XBMC upnp server.

I can navigate to the root of the shared directory and see the sub-directories containing my music files.

But if I navigate into the sub-directories I get a DLNA -1 error, and cannot see any files.

Have I configured this correctly ...?

And is this sufficient to enable music to be shared over upnp from xbmc?

Or, does this mean there is some process by which music should be explicitly "imported" into XBMC in addition to setting the upnp share.

Could you specify or give a link to such a procedure, if it exists.

Many thanks in advance,

Matt
image-doctor, You are exactly describing my problem, too.

elupus, what I mean by subfolder is this:

I have a local HD on the XBMC. That HD contains a Folder 'Video'. That folder contains some video files directly and some in subfolders.

I added that 'Video' folder to the Source in the XBMC Video section. I can navigate in XBMC through the folder structure and can see/play all files. I also activated the DB function in the Video settings. And I added that Video folder as a source for UPNP Server Videos.

On the PS3 i can connect to XBMC and I see/play the videos in the main folder. I also see the subfolders. But when I open the subfolders, I get DLNA-1 and 'No files'.

Now I found something, that might have to do with the problem: On the XBMC in the Video section i can not activate Library mode, although the DB setting is on.

In the music section I can switch to library mode and use the Artist/Album/Year etc. functions. And when I look at the Music folder of the XBMC on the PS3, I can also play music files by selecting the Artist/album/etc.

So it seems something with the library function in Video is not working or is misconfigured...

Any help is really apprechiated...

Kind regards
Selti
you can add me to the list of people getting this as well. I can see folders etc., but I get a DLNA error -1 on my ps3 when I get to a folder that actually has files in them Smile
The feature to add folders (ie non library stuff) to the upnp server have been removed. We are not a fileserver... We still share everything in our libraries (music and video)

You'll have to get some other upnp server to share files if you have the need for that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Oh, I'd like to use the library function, but the activation of the Library for Videos is not possible, because the option is displayed in grey andso I cannot activate it. For Music it works fine. Any idea what might be wrong?

Regards
Selti
Selti:
You are missing out... Bring up context menu on the folder you have you movies in.

* Select set content
* Set if you have movies or tvshows in that folders (must be separate)
* Select the scraper you want to use (just use the default one for now)
* If you store movies in subfolders of the folder. ie movies/Matrix/matrix.avi select that the setting for getting moviename from subfolders.

* For tvshows you must store them in subfolder ie not all in one folder.
* Enable the setting to scan now
* Press okey, wait for xbmc to do it's magic.
* Switch to libraries and look at the glorious list of movies you have with fanart/thumbs... These are now also shared over upnp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] UPNP Server: No Files in Subfolders shown to PS3 (DLNA Error -1)0