[Feature Request] Intergrate Aptitude and SVN installer scripts
One of the best things about transparency is the way it keeps on top of all the latest scripts and ensures that they are seamlessly integrated into the skin.

I would like to make a request to add somewhere within the settings menu a button to update XBMC through the aptitude script.

Similarly a button to install scripts and plugins through direct access to the SVN installer or XBMC Zone.

I'm aware that these can easily be launched from the scripts menu but I feel that they could be better intergrated.
Justcop Wrote:One of the best things about transparency is the way it keeps on top of all the latest scripts and ensures that they are seamlessly integrated into the skin.

I would like to make a request to add somewhere within the settings menu a button to update XBMC through the aptitude script.

Similarly a button to install scripts and plugins through direct access to the SVN installer or XBMC Zone.

I'm aware that these can easily be launched from the scripts menu but I feel that they could be better intergrated.

thanx a bunch for all the suggestions!
let's see...first, i kinda was expecting this...you add support for a couple of scripts to the skin and before you know it everyone want some kinda integration for their favorite scripts/plugins. ;-)

nothing wrong with that of course, but i'll have to draw the line somewhere.
the aptitude scripts for instance, i'm not familiar with it but judging by the name it only benefits linux users?

the problem is, there are too many 'update' scripts. besides the one you mention, there's also a XBMC Skins script to download/update new skins, etc...

now if there would be one script that could handle it all (update xbmc/skins/script/plugins) i would most certainly add a general 'update' button.

for now, if you want quick access to those scripts, you could just add them to Favourites.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
oh yeah, i forgot that aptitude was just a linux thing. I do hope the whole plugin and system update method gets improved in the xbmc core sometime soon, I guess now is not the time to build it into the skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Intergrate Aptitude and SVN installer scripts0