[Feature request]
Question 
Hi all,

brainstorming here, so bear with me please....

It seems that a lot of 'feature requests' or 'change requests' are based on static values in the .xml files.

Would that mean if the skin had a extended 'config' page where one could set most of the values satisfy most of us?

* pooh hiding Rolleyes
pooh Wrote:Hi all,

brainstorming here, so bear with me please....

It seems that a lot of 'feature requests' or 'change requests' are based on static values in the .xml files.

Would that mean if the skin had a extended 'config' page where one could set most of the values satisfy most of us?

* ronie hiding Rolleyes

not sure i get what you mean....maybe i need some examples.

the 'extended config' page...well, that's skin settings.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ok, a page like:

Length of film list in [ ] e.g. 5, 3, 10 etc
Color schema: [pick list]
Fontsize: [ ]
etc
etc
pooh Wrote:ok, a page like:

Length of film list in [ ] e.g. 5, 3, 10 etc

well, that's what the skin settings page is for.

pooh Wrote:Color schema: [pick list]
Fontsize: [ ]

these two are handled by xbmc (this can't be done by the skin):
Settings > Appearance > Theme
Settings > Appearance > Colours
Settings > Appearance > Fonts
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:well, that's what the skin settings page is for.

these two are handled by xbmc (this can't be done by the skin):
Settings > Appearance > Theme
Settings > Appearance > Colours
Settings > Appearance > Fonts

Hmm, how about the color schema you posted in another post. (the orange blocks)? Or is that a different schema?

Anyway, we're on the same page here, essentially more user modifiable settings so it saves you customizations. Satisfying one, means disappointing the other ;-)

I am the only one that has a kind of a 'Santa Claus' feeling, awaiting the next (beta) release? Big Grin
pooh Wrote:Hmm, how about the color schema you posted in another post. (the orange blocks)? Or is that a different schema?

to pick another color schema, you'd have to use these settings:
Settings > Appearance > Theme (texture color)
Settings > Appearance > Colours (font color)

pooh Wrote:Anyway, we're on the same page here, essentially more user modifiable settings so it saves you customizations. Satisfying one, means disappointing the other ;-)

the more user configurable settings i implement, the more code i have to add...the more likely it will cause errors, because all the settings also have to work together...and in the end when you add too much options the code either becomes too complex or a big mess.

so while adding some options is fine, i only choose to pick the ones that benefit a lot of users. custom hacks you'll have to do yourself. :-)
ronie Wrote:so while adding some options is fine, i only choose to pick the ones that benefit a lot of users. custom hacks you'll have to do yourself. :-)

Absolutely fine with that!
ronie Wrote:to pick another color schema, you'd have to use these settings:
Settings > Appearance > Theme (texture color)
Settings > Appearance > Colours (font color)

the more user configurable settings i implement, the more code i have to add...the more likely it will cause errors, because all the settings also have to work together...and in the end when you add too much options the code either becomes too complex or a big mess.

so while adding some options is fine, i only choose to pick the ones that benefit a lot of users. custom hacks you'll have to do yourself. :-)

Also, there seems to be a finite size these skins can be or something. Both AndyBlac and hitcher have run into that problem I believe. Not sure I understood all the mumbo jumbo, but I think that was the just, too many lines of code and then there was a problem.
well they're not the only ones...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56210

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature request]0