Is Aeon Smooth? - Zotac ION-ITX-A Wi-Fi
Can the Zotac ION-ITX-A Wi-Fi run Aeon smoothly? I don't mean only the current version, upcoming possibly more resource heavy versions too.

I'm assuming it can play 1080p DTS easily from what I've read in other threads, but it's really caught my eye as a cheap route to building my HTPC, plus its very low power consumption.

I just don't want Aeon to lag.

Can anyone advise?
the dual atom N330 would be sufficant, atleast my ASRock ION330 handles it smooth
Smooth for me, running Zotac's N330-equipped board and have it overclocked to 2.0GHz.
And your 10000% sure of this? I've just seen so many people saying its just worth getting the 555 socket Zotac and sticking a E5300 in...

Thanks mate Smile
You mean 775 socket. BTW, the e5200 benchmark score is nearly double the Atom 330.
Okay... but does it NEED the extra power? I know its more powerful - its obvious - but if it will actually use the extra power is a completely different thing.
I've run Aeon@1080 on my zotac ion B. That's the single core version (230?).

It seemed fine to me. Little bit slow sometimes loading up background images, but that's the old(ish) hard disk to blame, not the cpu.

I use mediastream day-to-day though, I prefer it's interface - not for speed reasons.

It's a fairly new system, so I watch htop quite a lot. Cpu use is generally low to medium. 'bout 20% just doing nothing, much less playing video. VDPAU ftw!

Once I got all the video decoding + upscaling offloaded to the gpu, I stopped seeing any stuttering on any content. Including all the 1080 AVC I've tried. That said, it's only been a few weeks. But everything I've tried so far has been fine.
I have AEON ShowMix running. (Is heaver then AEON) and I have max. 20fps.
But when I overclock the RAM I have 30fps, which is enough for me.
So with the "normal" Aeon should run better

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Aeon Smooth? - Zotac ION-ITX-A Wi-Fi0