[Feature Request] Option to remove thumbnail frame
There's a frame around the movie posters that looks like a DVD case, it would be nice to have an option to remove that and see only the poster, or to choose another frame.
r1ctus Wrote:There's a frame around the movie posters that looks like a DVD case, it would be nice to have an option to remove that and see only the poster, or to choose another frame.

i's be a lot of work to make those cases optional.
removing them is not the point, but adjusting the layouts so they look good with only the poster will be way too much work.

never say never, but i don't see it happening in the near future.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i's be a lot of work to make those cases optional.
removing them is not the point, but adjusting the layouts so they look good with only the poster will be way too much work.

never say never, but i don't see it happening in the near future.

well, it's not bad this way, so it's not that important.
I don't mind them at all. I'm not sure whether it would matter to me if they were there or not really. I do think that making it an option would add alot of lines to the code, and there seems to be alot of problems (other then more bug possibilities) with the size of skins. I'd rather the time and space gets used to add different features like theatre experience, boxed trailers, and maybe comic support for my kids.
r1ctus Wrote:There's a frame around the movie posters that looks like a DVD case, it would be nice to have an option to remove that and see only the poster, or to choose another frame.

There is an easy way to remove these frames. Use XPR Express to expand the files in skin/media/Textures.xpr delete dvdcase.png or replace with won you like, repack Textures.xpr, works OK with cdcase to.If you view in fanart, alignments don't matter anyway.
A bit of remote related, but I would like to extend this request a little:

Different cases for different media/sources, eg.

- different cases for bluray/hddvd
- some kind of boxset-artwork on tv-show and season level
- some kind of filmstrip for movies with no cover but a screen-capture (16:9 images streched to dvdcase-dimensions simply look ugly)

It had a look at some related xml files and noticed a ton of references to dvdcase.png, so making it conditional I guess would probably be an insane task, but the result would be awesome!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Option to remove thumbnail frame0