Mac Mini - Output to 2 Displays?
I just picked up a 2009 Mac Mini to run XBMC. I have it hooked up to an LCD monitor as well as a 1080p projector.
I have the displays set to "mirrored" in the Mac OS display settings. The projector is hooked up to an Integra DTC 9.8 pre/pro.

Is there any way to output 480p from the Mac Mini, so that the Integra upscales to 1080p before reaching the projector?

My guess is that the Integra would do a much better job upscaling than the Mac Mini with its Silicon Optix Reon.
One thing I noticed is that I don't have an option under
Settings > Video > Player
for setting a resolution, as it shows here:
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Videos_Settings#Player

Is that disabled in the OS X version? Is the only option in
Settings > Appearance > Screen ? That's a global setting though, and I would like to be able to set output resolution during playback independently from the GUI.
Hi there, was wondering why you are running mirrored?
What would you suggest Gary?
Well I was just wondering why running mirrored, all I could think of was a touch screen display to control it perhaps?
Otherwise I would suggest that running spanned is the best way to go, that way XBMC can be running all the time and you can do other tasks on the other screen.

I have a TV with two connections coming from the mini, that way I can VNC into the mini and work with other apps whilst it displays XBMC.
Why would you output 480p from the mac... are you playing strictly 480p content (DVD)? The mac isn't up-scaling if it's outputting native resolution of 1080p.

Most everything I watch is 720-1080, so I didnt even consider "upscaling" via another pre/pro.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini - Output to 2 Displays?0