Turn off power LED on PC
Hello

On the XBOX platform there is an option to turn of the power LED while playing video, I know that it is a complete different story on a PC but can someone come up with an idea how to turn of the power LED from software?

I know that I can just pull the plug from the motherboard but it is nice to have a power indicator

/Thomas
Best way is probably to remove the power indicator and make a new one which is usb plugged via a microcontroller which can turn it on and off via software.

I'd say it will go for about $40-$50 if you don't want to diy completely, I have the arduino which could do what you ask for easily. http://www.arduino.cc/ once you have that board you could probably make a new one for less than $10 but you need the programmer which is why you'll need an arduino or better at some point.

Sometimes universities have programmers for lend (mine have)

Another solution is to break apart a keyboard and use for instance the numlock led and make numlock go on when the movie ends and off when it starts.
Or if you have serial port you can probably just link a led to one of the data lines and invert the data and make it spew 1's when movie starts.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
A piece of tape is like $0.001. Unplugging the LED from the motherboard is free. AFAIK there is no sysctl to tickle the power indicator.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off power LED on PC0