touchscreen wishes
Star 
MOD edit: please don't post feature requests in the FAQ thread.

A great skin - I am thrilled!

Since I was in my kitchen just use a touch screen for operation, I would have some suggestions:

- The left / right scrolls must have left / right arrow buttons to scroll should appear (functional Maybe turn on and turn off in preferences)

- The main menus on the left side should always be visible to be switchable in the prefernces

That would be my wishes in the next version, so the skin can use without the remote control or keyboard .
it's been requested before, but since i don't have a touchscreen, it would be pretty hard for me to develop a version of Transparency! that fully works on a touchscreen. also i don't think adding a few button here and there is enough to make the skin touchscreen friendly.

please read my reply here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=387...tcount=556
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yeah, I asked about this a bit ago. I've looked a little farther into it and although a few buttons would make it highly usable for touchscreen, there were some other things that would be annoying if it weren't changed.
I had the same touchscreen in the kitchen thing and also a laptop that I thought to use, after playing around, I can get through most of the skin in touchscreen, just not a few screens that would require a back button.
As for the menu's I am able to roll my finger on the left side of the screen and they come out. Then I am able to use them like normal. I haven't noticed anyplace where I need a horizontal scroller, but that may be becuase I use fanart view and it has a list on the side with a vertical scroller. I could see needing one in cover flow if there isn't one already. I don't know since I don't use it.
I haven't had a chance to mess around with 2.0 yet, but I would think that with added content it would be harder to make into touchscreen friendly. I will start looking at it later. Again though, I didn't push very hard for this as I prefer Ronie's time be spent on improvements on the skin that most users would use, not on something that might clutter up the look and only be used by a small portion of us.
SHen350 Wrote:Yeah, I asked about this a bit ago. I've looked a little farther into it and although a few buttons would make it highly usable for touchscreen, there were some other things that would be annoying if it weren't changed.
I had the same touchscreen in the kitchen thing and also a laptop that I thought to use, after playing around, I can get through most of the skin in touchscreen, just not a few screens that would require a back button.
As for the menu's I am able to roll my finger on the left side of the screen and they come out. Then I am able to use them like normal. I haven't noticed anyplace where I need a horizontal scroller, but that may be becuase I use fanart view and it has a list on the side with a vertical scroller. I could see needing one in cover flow if there isn't one already. I don't know since I don't use it.
I haven't had a chance to mess around with 2.0 yet, but I would think that with added content it would be harder to make into touchscreen friendly. I will start looking at it later. Again though, I didn't push very hard for this as I prefer Ronie's time be spent on improvements on the skin that most users would use, not on something that might clutter up the look and only be used by a small portion of us.

if someone wants to do some work on this, here's a few things to look at:
- bringing up the left menu (i'm planning on making the 'touch area' a bit bigger to do this.)
- slideview and coverflow......polaroid view for pictures (they all don't have a scrollbar)
- how do you open the context menu...and other features that normally need a 'right mouse click'
- closing dialogs.....exiting the fullscreen window.....closing/exiting scripts

just a few things that pop up in my head....
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
a thought about context menu options....

have a small "bottom corner bar" of sorts, with small icons (darkened buttons, red, blue buttons, etc.) that when touched bring up a context menu? (edit: would have to be included in every page of the skin however, or every page that uses a context menu)

i run an xbox xbmc, and dont have the transparency skin, so i really may have no idea of what im talking about.

incidentally, i do have the transperency skin, but when i selected it, it blacked out my whole xbox. i couldnt see anything. the skin didnt crash the system, the screen saver kicked in, etc. but it did not function for me.
for a right click use a double click with this app .... it works! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57130
virtualhours Wrote:for a right click use a double click with this app .... it works! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57130

that should fix a lot of issues for touchscreen users.
since 'right click' both acts as 'escape' and 'back', i guess the only thing left is make sure there are scrollbars in all views?
Yeah, that and scroll bars. Other then that, making the menu's on the left of the screen come out a little easier. I've gotten pretty good at rolling my finger on the side of the screen and getting them though.
SHen350 Wrote:Yeah, that and scroll bars.

scrollbars and....?
that application? or is there something else missing?
Yeah, that application. I forgot to put the qoute in there. It's Friday and all. I'm not sure what views would need scroll bars added. I really only use the fanart view and it has them. I also haven't looked at the scripts, program, or emulator screens becuase I don't use them either. It has been awhile since I gave this some thought, I'd have to go in and look at it.
I think the only other part that isn't to touchscreen oriented is the menus that pop out of the left hand side. Though once I have everything set I don't really use it alot. Breaking out the mouse for a quick setup every now and then isn't really that big of a deal. I guess if someone were to use it on completely mobile device it might be. I think I read on here somewhere about someone trying to install it in thier car touchscreen. I can't imagine there would be very many people doing that though.
SHen350 Wrote:Yeah, that application. I forgot to put the qoute in there. It's Friday and all. I'm not sure what views would need scroll bars added. I really only use the fanart view and it has them. I also haven't looked at the scripts, program, or emulator screens becuase I don't use them either. It has been awhile since I gave this some thought, I'd have to go in and look at it.
I think the only other part that isn't to touchscreen oriented is the menus that pop out of the left hand side. Though once I have everything set I don't really use it alot. Breaking out the mouse for a quick setup every now and then isn't really that big of a deal. I guess if someone were to use it on completely mobile device it might be. I think I read on here somewhere about someone trying to install it in thier car touchscreen. I can't imagine there would be very many people doing that though.

ok thanx!
the left menu is something i'm planning on to make easier.
adding scrollbars to the views that are currently missing it is also on my todo list.
virtualhours started making a touchscreen version, so if anyone's interested
check it out here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57940

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
touchscreen wishes0