How to change audio tracks?
May be this is an obvious thing but I have not been able to figure it out (yet).
How do I change audio tracks within XBMC?

I have created backups of my movies with DVDFAB for which I have selected DD and DTS tracks (if available).

I found out subtitles can be (de)ctived by using the T key but I have not found anything for the audio tracks.

Can someone shed a light on this?
Thanks!
It has to be mapped in keymap.xml. Obviously it's also available via the OSD as well.

The map is AudioNextLanguage I believe.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It has to be mapped in keymap.xml. Obviously it's also available via the OSD as well.

..which brings me to the next question: could that change be made visible via popup window? like it is for aspect ratio changes.

it's nice to have a keymap for it, but rather useless if you get no info which stream you've selected and how many are available. to be informed of that you still need to use the osd way.

not a big deal for dual language xvids, but on mkvs where you can store many audio streams it would be nice to see where you on using a mapped key..
cheers,azido :;):
The popup window has a slider on it is the problem. I'm sure there could be situations where it could be useful to hide the slider, but the skinner would need to know about it (and just hiding the slider isn't a decent solution).

Come up with a solution that'll work nicely with skins, and I'm sure it's doable.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:It has to be mapped in keymap.xml. Obviously it's also available via the OSD as well.

I tried to map it adding an entry in Keymap.xml but this unfortunately prevented XBMC from starting correctly (returning an error about an XBMC HOME variable not set). I rolled back to the version I saved before.

Can you explain how I can get it to show via OSD? I am using the standard PM3 skin and have not been able to find it?

Apologies for the noob question but as you can see I am very new to all this Confused
There are 9 buttons on the PM3 OSD. The one looking like the speaker is the one you want. It brings up a new dialog.

Ok, thanks, I'll check it out.
I went through the modified Keymap.xml file again and saw I made a syntax error which I have now corrected.
I now have a dedicated button changing audio tracks on the fly.

Thanks for your help!
Can xbmc detect what each audio type is? That is, rather than audio 1,2,3, could it tell if 2 was dts while 1 was just 5.1 dobly and 3 was stereo?
therain93 Wrote:Can xbmc detect what each audio type is? That is, rather than audio 1,2,3, could it tell if 2 was dts while 1 was just 5.1 dobly and 3 was stereo?

short answer: yes. it detects stereo, ac3 and dts plus the number of channels.

cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change audio tracks?0