Thumbnails in Video_TS folders - HOW?
Ok, I’ve tried several ways and can’t get xbmc to pick up my custom movie thumbs.

My movies are made 95% made up of VIDEO_TS folders. I figured out how to put custom fanart in but my custom thumbs won’t pick up what ever I do.

I’ve tried renaming my thumb to:
[Moviename].jpg
VIDEO_TS.jpg
[Moviename].tbn
VIDEO_TS.tbn

I’ve tried putting the .tbn and .jpg files inside [Moviename] folder and the VIDEO_TS folder within it but still xbmc scraps its own.:mad:

I have downloaded my thumbs from http://getvideoartwork.com/ and I’m trying to use the largest file size which is 1500x1000 – could this be the problem? Does a .tbn file have to be a certain size?

Also – when you rename a .jpg file by double-clicking on it only the file name is highlighted and not the extension which is fine and how it should be. But when I try to do that on a file with a .tbn extension the whole filename+ext becomes highlighted – which says to me that the .tbn has become part of the file name and not an extension anymore. Any ideas?

Please help – this is driving me nuts. I have searched with no luck Sad
have you tried folder.jpg?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Thumbnails#C...Thumbnails
VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg and VIDEO_TS.tbn in VIDEO_TS folder.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg and VIDEO_TS.tbn in VIDEO_TS folder.

I’ve tried that.

But what I didn’t realise was the 256x256 ‘bit’ limit according to a very old archived thread and the Wiki. So I created a new file at 312x208 (keeping it under the 256x256) and all worked well apart from the thumbs looked a little blurry.

So I’ve just done a little test with a thumb being 750x500 and it still worked? So what is the size limit of thumbs/tbn files so I can keep maximum sharpness?

I have a great collection of 1500x1000 DVD covers – OTT I know.

Thanks for the replies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails in Video_TS folders - HOW?0