• 9(current)
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC
D0nR0sa Wrote:Is it only me that some images (view settings, home menu background) are missing, or are they just not implemented? Oh, and the fanart view is lagging when scrolling, prob. due to the big fanart images that get loaded. Probably solvable by preloading, because it seems to work e.g. in alaska. However, great skin and it's growing.
Oh for those you'll need to set your custom background (Preferences -> Lithium -> Background -> Change the Background). I'm working on a couple default backgrounds and the associated preference menu options (thus the delay in the latest version). Preloading is a good idea for the fanart images - I'll have to look into that.

francyboy Wrote:I don't get what you mean ... can you post an image? this is what i get when i call the context menu :
I just noticed it's not absolutely dead centered but it's an improvement.
I like it a lot!!

Here are a few comments:

1. When bringing the context menu, it appears out of the screen. I can just see the top of it at the bottom of my screen.
2. There is no Now Playing info.
3. I wish there could be one background per menu (1 when Music is highlighted, 1 when TV Shows and so on...)
4. When looking at the movies or tv shows list, I'd like an additional view that does not show the rating or the plot, but the details of the movie file (resolution, sound, year, language and/or subtitle)
5. Even if I chose to hide the top bar, I'd stil like the time to be displayed.
6. I can see that the weather option is not worked yet, but that's ok.
7. Possibility to hide main menu options (I really dont want to see Programs, Scripts, etc...)

Other than that, I love it, very clear, nice colours and fonts... keep up the great work!
Is there a way to hide the bottom bar in options (or just show the show title)

I dont like the green tick and red cross, what are they for? Seems unnecessary when trying to strip everything out, ditto with ratings on right hand side...
January 14, 2010 - NEW VERSION UPLOADED
- Implemented the video scan and progress dialogs.
- Made Fanart View behave correctly for episodes and seasons.
- Fixed Bug with context list appearing at the bottom of the screen when running Lithium on XBMC
- Added duration and star rating on info screen.
- Adjusted progress dialog progress bar background.
- Stopped star ratings from moving when changing between the horizontal and vertical views.
- Updating Settings to new style.
- Implemented two default backgrounds.
- Fixed a Bug where the Show Case view has to click down twice to make the
preferences menu appear.

Also I noticed but forgot to mention it before - some board admin changed the thread title and added the title of the skin! Thanks mystery admin!

joebanana Wrote:I like it a lot!!

Here are a few comments:

1. When bringing the context menu, it appears out of the screen. I can just see the top of it at the bottom of my screen.
Glad you like the skin so far! The context menu bug has been fixed in the latest version.

joebanana Wrote:2. There is no Now Playing info.
Working on it.
joebanana Wrote:3. I wish there could be one background per menu (1 when Music is highlighted, 1 when TV Shows and so on...)
Working on it. I just spent two hours today realizing that Plex doesn't support Skin.Reset(Bool) fully yet. It'll be implemented soon.
joebanana Wrote:4. When looking at the movies or tv shows list, I'd like an additional view that does not show the rating or the plot, but the details of the movie file (resolution, sound, year, language and/or subtitle)
That's actually a very good idea. It would also give me a good place to put media flags.
joebanana Wrote:5. Even if I chose to hide the top bar, I'd stil like the time to be displayed.
I've been hiding the menu when running Lithium as well. I've got to think about how to implement a minimized version.
joebanana Wrote:6. I can see that the weather option is not worked yet, but that's ok.
It's on my radar. Big Grin
joebanana Wrote:7. Possibility to hide main menu options (I really dont want to see Programs, Scripts, etc...)
Also to be implemented.
joebanana Wrote:Other than that, I love it, very clear, nice colours and fonts... keep up the great work!
Thanks for the post!

djdeejay Wrote:Is there a way to hide the bottom bar in options (or just show the show title)

I dont like the green tick and red cross, what are they for? Seems unnecessary when trying to strip everything out, ditto with ratings on right hand side...
Not yet. They check mark and x mark are for the watched/un-watched episodes of a tv show. They should only being appearing on the tv-show level - are you seeing them appear anywhere else?
Will try the update tonight. Thanks!
The context menu still does not show up properly Sad
Been using Lithium jan 14 and xbmc rUnknown compiled jan 12 2010. Compiler 1310 Its been a little quirky here is a debug log, it is rather lengthy started running it last night. I think it may be a skin issue but I am not sure. I am also running XBMC on my Xbox.

http://pastebin.com/m77097300
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Been using Lithium jan 14 and xbmc rUnknown compiled jan 12 2010. Compiler 1310 Its been a little quirky here is a debug log, it is rather lengthy started running it last night. I think it may be a skin issue but I am not sure. I am also running XBMC on my Xbox.

http://pastebin.com/m77097300

Interesting - I don't touch the core application so I can comment definitively on what's causing your problem. A couple things stood out from your error log:
On the skin side
1) a videofullscreen.xml is being expected but none exists. I'll have to look into this because it runs fine without a videofullscreen.xml on my computer and Wir3d's empty skin doesn't have any videofullscreen.xml
2) there is an occasional warning about a cover_vertical being an invalid include.

Where the program actually crashed was when you tried to open up a video to watch and the following occurred:
1) mplayer had trouble allocating memory.
2) mplayer is missing a dll (line 143) "Unable to open dll Q:\system\players\mplayer\mplayer.dll"
3) The application then couldn't open the following files:
smb://BOB-PC/TV3/House of Saddam/house of saddam s01e01 ws pdtv xvid-affinity.avi
smb://BOB-PC/TV3/House of Saddam/house of saddam s01e02 ws pdtv xvid-river.avi

Could you give me a little bit more detail as to what view you were using, what you were doing, and exactly what is going wrong?
I am using the low list view with fan art enabled. I have the ask to resume from time enabled so I have an option to start from the beginning and start from where I left off. When I go to start a file sometimes it does nothing but give the busy.xml text than goes back to the skin, on repeated attempts with the same file it will sometimes eventually work. I dont know if that helps any or not. I hope it does. If you need more info please feel free to pm me. I really love this skin and want to see it continue to mature. I will try to help you out any way i can.
joebanana Wrote:The context menu still does not show up properly Sad

Disregard, I was still using the old version Blush
Love the skin, looking forward to the next update. Just updated xbmc to 27059. Will continue to test on my xbox and report back with debug logs as necessary. I do have a few questions, are you planning to add wide icon support, and will the busy.xml (i think thats what its showing) when the system is working with a graphic or animation?)

Just wanted to update, as of right now things are functioning normally (i hope I did not speak to soon) I am beginning to think the previous build i was using (Nightly Build I cannot remember the revision #) was just being stubborn or there was a massive memory leak somewhere.
joebanana Wrote:Disregard, I was still using the old version Blush
Okay, I hope it's working well now. Smile

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Love the skin, looking forward to the next update. Just updated xbmc to 27059. Will continue to test on my xbox and report back with debug logs as necessary. I do have a few questions, are you planning to add wide icon support, and will the busy.xml (i think thats what its showing) when the system is working with a graphic or animation?)

Just wanted to update, as of right now things are functioning normally (i hope I did not speak to soon) I am beginning to think the previous build i was using (Nightly Build I cannot remember the revision #) was just being stubborn or there was a massive memory leak somewhere.

Wide icon support is planned but on the backburner at the moment. Right now there are some more pressing issues that have to be taken care of. I'll look into Busy.xml and see what can be done. If you use the fanart view you might be seeing a major speed boost since I went in and totally redid that a little while back. Thanks for commenting! Let me know if you run into any other troubles.
This Skin looks very great!
Why don't you have an own section in the Skin Forum?

Cheers,
David
Will you provide an XBOX capable version (xpr and backdrops reduced to 960x540) any time soon? I'm sure a lot of XBOX users will love your skin. Especially since it seems to be a skin that has fonts that are easy to read on SD screens!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:Will you provide an XBOX capable version (xpr and backdrops reduced to 960x540) any time soon? I'm sure a lot of XBOX users will love your skin. Especially since it seems to be a skin that has fonts that are easy to read on SD screens!

Let him at least finish it xD
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC3