• 5(current)
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC
Amet's Opensubtitles/Plugin Settings
Amet took the time to add some extra functionality to Lithium. I'm not ready to completely integrate his modifications into Lithium yet, but if anybody out there is interested here's a link to them:
Amet's Opensubtitles/Plugin Settings

Amet Wrote:Beautiful looking skin, simple and functional.

I took the liberty to add some features in it, If you want to use them Smile

1. DialogPluginSettings.xml
added label id=7, it allows for label in settings page

2. CustomSettings.xml
added script sub menu to enable Subtitle button and Lyrics button

3. VideoOSD.xml
added Subtitle button(png files included in media folder)

4. MusicOSD.xml
added Lyrics Button

since you are doing this for XBMC and Plex have a look at mavericks Aeon page the OpenSubtitle_OSD script is there, you can use media files from the script and add "script-OpenSubtitles_OSD-main.xml" to your 720p folder(you can also reskin it to fit the look of your skin), you need to keep the same name as the script will be looking for it.

it is all located at temp storage location removed

I hope this helps
Again, great work!, keep it up
i like the simplicity of this skin, although it's having a somehow "childish" touch. don't know how to say, but it doesn't look like a serious gui for serious media. does that make sense? i mean, i don't expect to browse through horror movies on that skin ~lol~

on the other hand, your skin would be perfect for the kid's profile to show their movies.. Wink or as a gui for a typical "family entertainment system".

love the big font. is that arial?
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:i like the simplicity of this skin, although it's having a somehow "childish" touch. don't know how to say, but it doesn't look like a serious gui for serious media. does that make sense? i mean, i don't expect to browse through horror movies on that skin ~lol~

on the other hand, your skin would be perfect for the kid's profile to show their movies.. Wink or as a gui for a typical "family entertainment system".
I could throw in a 'horror mode' just for you azido - I'm thinking every minute or two blood could drip down the screen. Laugh

But seriously - yes the actual graphics of the skin are all very undeveloped at the moment. Right now I'm focusing on getting all of the basics right - making sure the elements are visible and that all the information is present but not cluttered.

If you want a good laugh take a look at what Lithium looked back at the end of June over here. Who knows what the skin will look like in another 3/4 months. Smile

After I get my basics all in order I'm going to be trying my best to go after the heavyweights: Aeon, Alaska, Mediastream, and PMIII. But dang its hard without another artist. Even Djh had Emilio Ayala. (/vent)

azido Wrote:love the big font. is that arial?
Helvetica Neue Condensed Bold. Took a while to find just the right font.
reddragon220 Wrote:I could throw in a 'horror mode' just for you azido - I'm thinking every minute or two blood could drip down the screen. Laugh

hahaha.. i guess that would be funny.

but no, i didn't mean it doesn't look good. it surely does. and i would say, for family entertainment/ kids movies it is already PERFECT.

while you're improving it, one tip: don't loose focus on what you tried to create. that one can come in easily (and i know what i'm talking about) Wink

thanks for the font info. i have to check that one. it's a real good readable one.
cheers,azido :;):
azido Wrote:hahaha.. i guess that would be funny.

but no, i didn't mean it doesn't look good. it surely does. and i would say, for family entertainment/ kids movies it is already PERFECT.

while you're improving it, one tip: don't loose focus on what you tried to create. that one can come in easily (and i know what i'm talking about) Wink

thanks for the font info. i have to check that one. it's a real good readable one.

Ah, no I completely understood what you were saying before. When I started the project I actually had my tech illiterate family members in mind. It's definitely provided a good sanity check to ask myself if adding something a particular way passes the girlfriend/wife/parent test - if they can't figure it out it's probably not as simple as it should be. I'm fairly confident that I've been working steadily towards that goal. I'll keep your advice in mind and try not to loose sight of that as the project moves on.

But I'm just itching to make it nice and flashy after all the basics are set. Big Grin I'm putting the iphone/ipod touch's ui up on the pedastal as to what i want to accomplish - elegant yet simple and intuitive.

p.s. if blood isn't your cup of tea - zombies are always good. Haloween's coming up and a goofy easter egg never hurt. Rolleyes
Unfortunately I have to take my words back regarding suitability for XBOX-usage. I installed a bigger HDD on my XBOX and tried to play some video content from the HDD. Free memory declined to only 3 Mb so no movie could be played – the memory problem was clearly connected to Lithium as PM3HD played the videos without problems. Memory usage is so high that even an XBOX application list (the one with around 10 big covers) can’t display all the program icons simultaneously on screen – usually 1-2 icons are blank, reappearing after going the list up and down (where after some other icons become blank).

So as a conclusion – although your theme is still regarding aesthetics my all-time favourite XBMC skin it is sadly totally unusable on the XBOX. At least for the time being; there must be some memory hogs in the code as e.g. AEON has much more going on on the screen and even the UNOPTIMIZED skin could sometimes stream and usually play movies from the HDD.

@azido Of course this is a matter of opinion, but I clearly love the big font and uncluttered feel of the skin. So if it is up to me, reddragon220 continue your chosen path, but just try to make it suitable for XBOX usage Big Grin
tropicaltuna Wrote:Unfortunately I have to take my words back regarding suitability for XBOX-usage. I installed a bigger HDD on my XBOX and tried to play some video content from the HDD. Free memory declined to only 3 Mb so no movie could be played – the memory problem was clearly connected to Lithium as PM3HD played the videos without problems. Memory usage is so high that even an XBOX application list (the one with around 10 big covers) can’t display all the program icons simultaneously on screen – usually 1-2 icons are blank, reappearing after going the list up and down (where after some other icons become blank).

So as a conclusion – although your theme is still regarding aesthetics my all-time favourite XBMC skin it is sadly totally unusable on the XBOX. At least for the time being; there must be some memory hogs in the code as e.g. AEON has much more going on on the screen and even the UNOPTIMIZED skin could sometimes stream and usually play movies from the HDD.

@azido Of course this is a matter of opinion, but I clearly love the big font and uncluttered feel of the skin. So if it is up to me, reddragon220 continue your chosen path, but just try to make it suitable for XBOX usage Big Grin
Thanks for the status update. While there isn't that much graphic alchemy going on, Lithium is actually making xbmc do quite a bit of work under the hood. Cool All 9 view modes will eventually be refactored and optimized, but first I want to get to a point where they're feature complete.
Looking for Help Update
I've found one, possibly two, coders with skill sets complementary to my own. We're still looking for a talented artist! Nod

Edit:
So I think I've stumbled upon something really interesting that makes the skin just feel right to me, especially on the list views. This is a dev branch release so things are slightly wonky and things like the options menu and scrolling isn't obvious but they are still there and accessible in the usual method.

If you download it, drop some feedback on how the change feels and keep it a secret from the rest of the internet.
Download From MediaFire

p.s. If you're having trouble figuring out use the scroll bar to the right.
wow, just tried it...

it's great... if the videooverlay.xml wasn't showing everytime i play something.
i'd use this right now on a regular basis...

great job... fast to..
mavgink Wrote:wow, just tried it...

it's great... if the videooverlay.xml wasn't showing everytime i play something.
i'd use this right now on a regular basis...

great job... fast to..
I'll be sure to take care of videooverlay.xml in the next alpha release. I entirely forgot about it.

Here's a new mockup - fooling around wedding my sensibilities with phyek's abandoned designs. Just a rough 10 second adjustment but it's nice.
November 1, 2009 - NEW VERSION UPLOADED
- Horizontal Scrolling (enable in Prefrences -> Lithium -> Views -> Horizontal Scrolling)
- Horizontal Scroll bars in Multiplex, Cover, and Fanart views.
- View Background Options: Container, Darkened BG, Light BG
- Optimized Thumb View
- Removed Options and Now Playing from header (options are still accessible by pressing up though)
- Added Window Title in upper left corner
- mod settings category
- plugins settings category
- updated scroll bar nib
- misc. view fixes

Whew that was a big update. Shocked Well at least it felt that way when coding it.
Thanks for the big font from one of those guys that sits a bit away from his tv Big Grin

Like it so far.
Like some others, I also created a new account just to feedback on this skin. It is amazingly amazing on my older CRT, with a much better aesthetic than any of the others I've used on my TV.

However, I am also having issues playing any video at all using this skin on my Xbox. Also having the same issues with slow and limited artwork due to memory limits.

Please keep us informed of when you have an optimized version that will run properly on the Xbox, as this is the skin I really want to use. Thanks for all your hard work.
November 8, 2009 - NEW VERSION UPLOADED
- Updated OSD (remote users rejoice - there's now a stop button!)
- Quit Menu Item and submenu
- Fixed Bugs in context menu and osd spacing
- Fixed Bug in Prefrences->Lithium->Views where you couldn't access the Horizontal Scrolling option after changing the background.

toneman77 Wrote:Thanks for the big font from one of those guys that sits a bit away from his tv Big Grin

Like it so far.
No problem that's the reason I started working on this in the first place!

fwappy Wrote:Like some others, I also created a new account just to feedback on this skin. It is amazingly amazing on my older CRT, with a much better aesthetic than any of the others I've used on my TV.

However, I am also having issues playing any video at all using this skin on my Xbox. Also having the same issues with slow and limited artwork due to memory limits.

Please keep us informed of when you have an optimized version that will run properly on the Xbox, as this is the skin I really want to use. Thanks for all your hard work.
Thanks for joining just to comment and welcome! I'll be sure to keep the xbox users posted as things come along (there's surprisingly quite a few in the thread). I've been looking into how to optimize skins and I have a couple of interesting ideas cooking up. Laugh

Edit:
Just fooling around in photoshop. Experimenting with only having one info bar and how much info you can fit into it without it looking cluttered.

2nd Edit:
Another mockup - reverting to the classic header on the right side and throwing in the cover view.
Today's mock-up updates. I think that I've nailed the info for the currently selected element this time but there's still a lot of work to be done for the non-highlighted elements. As an added bonus here's some early work on a splash - photoshop screwed up the shadowing on the text so I'll have to do it manually and the top part of the i isn't quite round enough...

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC3