• 6(current)
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC
Hi, RD. Thanks so much for making and sharing this. It's very well suited to my application. One request: would you please consider adding viewing of trailers (like in Aeon, etc.) to at least the multiplex view (e.g. "press down to view trailer")?

Thanks again!
BB
billybarty Wrote:Hi, RD. Thanks so much for making and sharing this. It's very well suited to my application. One request: would you please consider adding viewing of trailers (like in Aeon, etc.) to at least the multiplex view (e.g. "press down to view trailer")?

Thanks again!
BB
Glad you like it Billybarty. I'll add trailers to my list of things to do. I'll have to think a little bit about what might be the best way to do it though for a little while at least. I don't want to break the functionality of things like the scroll bars.

-----

I finally spent some time polishing the actual artwork of the skin. I'm finally starting to like the look of it. This is just a sample of the direction I'm heading in at the moment...

Inspiration and Credit to where it's due:
- Apple's wonderful dashboard
- Aeon's Low List courtesy of andyblack (at least I think he's responsible for the original low list concept)
Any succes in optimizing the skin yet, so we XBOX users can help test?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:Any succes in optimizing the skin yet, so we XBOX users can help test?

I know what has to be done but I'm going to have to refactor the code for all of the views. Rest assured that I haven't forgotten about the Xbox users. Smile

Tweaking yesterday's low list. I've been stubborn for a while now but I think that it's time to admit that orange is a horrible color if you want to read anything and not strain your eyes.

Blue does suit the skin better in this view. But I think orange is far from horrible, when used on a gray/black background. Take a look at the Rapier colour mod for instance Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:Blue does suit the skin better in this view. But I think orange is far from horrible, when used on a gray/black background. Take a look at the Rapier colour mod for instance Smile

Well Orange is not horrible, but it is exceedingly difficult to deal with when you want to put white text above it and don't have any text effects available.:mad:

I applied the blue selection theme to the usual cover view and the result is very i-tunes-y which I'm not sure if I like or not. Just got to keep on tweaking things...

Bram77 Wrote:Any succes in optimizing the skin yet, so we XBOX users can help test?

I downloaded the skin today and put the media into a .xpr. so i could have a look at this skin on the xbox.

from my quick look and play around everything that should be working was. The background fanart images did slowly shrink tho which was kinda weird, kinda made me a a bit motion sick.

Other then that i didnt have any problems(besides stuff that isn't finnished)

So saying all that, looking good and looking forward to this being completed.
Oh and the text size is awesome on a 60inch TV:p. My grandma could read it at 10ftShocked
Exclamation 
Hi!

Wooow! Great skin for my old TV! My girlfriend loves it!!

I have a view problem with the SVN_Repo_Installer. For example if you start an update for the SVN_Repo_Installer the screen is very small and very hard to read.

Other things: I couldn't find the Subtitle Download Button in the OS (I added the script path in the settings). Also the OSD menus are not very readable but I think you still on this.
Paybac Wrote:I downloaded the skin today and put the media into a .xpr. so i could have a look at this skin on the xbox.

from my quick look and play around everything that should be working was. The background fanart images did slowly shrink tho which was kinda weird, kinda made me a a bit motion sick.

Other then that i didnt have any problems(besides stuff that isn't finnished)

So saying all that, looking good and looking forward to this being completed.
Oh and the text size is awesome on a 60inch TV:p. My grandma could read it at 10ftShocked
I'm glad you like it so far Paybac. The fact that it passes the grandma test is just icing on the cake. Big Grin You can actually disable the Ken Burns effect on the background in the Lithium options (Preferences -> Lithium -> Background iirc). If you have the time you might want post that XPR up on the thread - there's some other xbox users around here who would probably appreciate it.

davidw Wrote:Hi!

Wooow! Great skin for my old TV! My girlfriend loves it!!

I have a view problem with the SVN_Repo_Installer. For example if you start an update for the SVN_Repo_Installer the screen is very small and very hard to read.

Other things: I couldn't find the Subtitle Download Button in the OS (I added the script path in the settings). Also the OSD menus are not very readable but I think you still on this.
I'll look into the SVN_REPO Installer, I don't think I've even attempted to skin that just yet. The Subtitles haven't quite been fully implemented but it'll be fully integrated soon. If you're impatient you can download a working version from the Mods section of the first post but it might cause other problems at the moment. The OSD menus are being worked on and should be up in the next release, whenever that will be.

And here's a rough info screen:
reddragon220 Wrote:I'm glad you like it so far Paybac. The fact that it passes the grandma test is just icing on the cake. Big Grin You can actually disable the Ken Burns effect on the background in the Lithium options (Preferences -> Lithium -> Background iirc). If you have the time you might want post that XPR up on the thread - there's some other xbox users around here who would probably appreciate it.

ahh so thats the Ken Burns affect, intresting. As for posting up an .xpr of the media it's probably best, if you aren't going to .xpr the media yourself,that xbox users do it themselves since you are putting up regular updates(1 xpr would be outa date pretty quick).Team Blackbolts XPR Express for creating and extracting XPR's can be found here http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=5,

When can we look forward to the next update?Big Grin
Paybac Wrote:ahh so thats the Ken Burns affect, intresting. As for posting up an .xpr of the media it's probably best, if you aren't going to .xpr the media yourself,that xbox users do it themselves since you are putting up regular updates(1 xpr would be outa date pretty quick).Team Blackbolts XPR Express for creating and extracting XPR's can be found here http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=5,

When can we look forward to the next update?Big Grin

I'll look into blackbolts xpr tool. Sorry things have died down a bit - it's been busy lately.

Here's the first revision of a Multiplex poster type view, info low-list, and contextual menus. The info low-list needs a little bit more to the info area but I'm not sure quite what. I suppose that I'll figure it out in revisions.

Lookin' good.
*thumbsup* looks nice.
It got the favourite skin of all my relatives. (skin size)
fwappy Wrote:Lookin' good.
Nice. Cool
toneman77 Wrote:*thumbsup* looks nice.
It got the favourite skin of all my relatives. (skin size)
I'm glad everybody can read it. Smile

Here are today's mock-ups: A refreshed and slick OSD, a slight adjustment to the info-list, and the reappearance of the multiplex view.

One more for tonight: a login screen. It's very Aeon-esque at the moment. Escaping DJH's influence is pretty tough - especially because he did so many things right. Hopefully it'll become more original with a couple more revisions.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lithium - Yet another skin in development for XBMC3