Can't use an image from an SMB share
I'm back with another SMB problem.

I'm trying to set and icon using a file on a SMB share. The icon is not set properly, and here is the xbmc.log output:

Code:
22:24:47 T:3181353296 M:1330257920    INFO: Creating thumb from: smb://brian:[email protected]/dvds/image2.jpg as: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/1/1972e826.tbn
22:24:48 T:3181353296 M:1330507776   DEBUG: CFileSMB::Open - opened dvds/image2.jpg, fd=-1
22:24:48 T:3181353296 M:1330507776    INFO: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://brian:[email protected]/dvds/image2.jpg'
22:24:48 T:3181353296 M:1330507776    INFO:   msg: PICTURE::CreateThumbnail: Unable to open image: smb://brian:[email protected]/dvds/image2.jpg Error:
22:24:48 T:3181353296 M:1330507776   ERROR: PICTURE::DoCreateThumbnail: Unable to create thumbfile special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/1/1972e826.tbn from image smb://brian:[email protected]/dvds/image2.jpg

If I copy the image to my home directory, it works fine, so I know that it's not the image file. I've also tried with a file that does not exist, and get the exact same error. If I try a local file that does not exist, the error changes to (2) instead of no error number when using SMB.

Any ideas?
Thanks! Brian
No ideas on this? I'm stuck with the script I'm working on until I can access the cover images from a smb share.

Here's the list item that I'm trying to create:

Code:
li = xbmcgui.ListItem(row["title"], iconImage="smb://user:password@tardis/dvds/image1.jpg", thumbnailImage="smb://user:password@tardis/dvds/image1.jpg")
        li.setInfo(type="Video", infoLabels={"Title": row["title"]})
    self.list.addItem(li)

When I try this in a plugin, it works fine. If I do it in a script, I don't get the image, and there are no errors in the debug log.

If I copy the image to my local drive, it displays fine, so I know that the image is not corrupt.

Can anyone help me? If I can't resolve this, I'm going to have to give up on my idea of a Linux interface to movie collectorz.

Thanks!
Brian
I finally figured out a workaround for my smb problem. Before the fix, I have a few complaints about XBMC and the developers:

First, there is no doubt that there are major problems with SMB access from XBMC. It just doesn't work right, especially in scripts. I hope that someone it looking into improving SMB.

Second: No response to this thread by anyone! I can't believe that no XBMC developer read this thread. Do the developers care about SMB access? Or are they the typical linux types that think everyone should not use windows, so they don't really care about SMB.

My workaround was to mount the SMB shares that I needed using mount to a local directory. (I actually set up my fstab to mount the shares at boot time.)

So instead of accessing files with smb://user:pass@tardis/dvds/file I now access them with /tardis/dvds/file

I'll be back with more questions probably.

I happy that I have a script that can read all the movies from my database, display a crude list with covers, and play them. Now I'm going to start learning the fun stuff to make the script look real nice...

Brian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't use an image from an SMB share0