GameSpot Videos script
this is a great script just the sort of thing i want to see running on xbmc Smile

has anyone else got any more great scripts like this?
just so pal users know, to get this script to fit your screen properly just open the gamespot.py file in notepad and find these lines:

self.addcontrol(xbmcgui.controlimage(0,0,720,480, 'q:\scripts\gsbackground.png'))
self.list = xbmcgui.controllist(211, 100, 450, 350)

then change them to:

self.addcontrol(xbmcgui.controlimage(0,0,720,576, 'q:\scripts\gsbackground.png'))
self.list = xbmcgui.controllist(211, 120, 450, 420)

this stretches the background image (no need to make your own) as well as the list, so it'll fill the entirely screen vertically, more or less.
damn fine script! it's made it into the latest build, but pal users will need to apply the script change that vamino detailed. big thnx to -jsd- for applying the necessary backend changes to allow this to work.. lets hope more ppl follow his lead!

:kickass:
hello, i created some icons and logos for use in xbmc. hope you guys like em. this project isn't dead is it?

gamespot icons and logos

thanks
mark
nice logo's
is anyone interested in making a script for gamespot live?

http://www.gamespot.com/live/gslive2_asx...&speed=700

that's the url to the 700kbps stream. i downloaded the asx file from that url and it is loaded with mms urls which change on a daily basis. if i knew what you do from there on i would make the script myself.

also it would be awesome if someone could make a script for the "on the spot" archives here... http://www.gamespot.com/onthespot/index...._onthespot

the archive is at the bottom of the page.

i was able to extract the mms urls one by one for the archived videos and create a .strm file, but it would be nice if it did it automatically. otherwise i have to download every single one of these files ( http://www.gamespot.com/live....404.asx ) and extract the mms. the name of each asx file is usually just onthespot and the date.
@dime: the problem with gamespot live is i haven't figured out how to have xbmc play a list of videos. also i'm not super psyched about the gslive playlist as it tends to get out of date pretty fast, and it just rotates the same 30-40 movies throughout the day.

ideally what i'd like to do is offer a full interface to the video library, but i would have to make it for complete members only ($$Wink as streaming bandwidth is one of our biggest expenses and i could see the powers that be (that so far have turned a blind eye to my experiments) getting upset at the expense.

supporting this would be very complicated and i have very little time at the moment.
hello everyone.

two days ago i started experimenting with python for xbmc after finding the gamespot and the gametraillers scripts. at the moment i have a very rude script that lists all the video reviews at gamespot and allows to play them.

my idea is to develop the script in a way that permits to have access to all video library at gamespot (reviews, previews, developer interviews, etc.).

i would like to know if there's an interest in this kind of script. and since jsd works at gamespot i would like to know his thoughts about this.

cheers.
(liquid @ dec. 29 2004,07:29 Wrote:i would like to know if there's an interest in this kind of script. and since jsd works at gamespot i would like to know his thoughts about this.
i would like it... :o
:bowdown: i would love it...
any chance this could be used as well for gamespots live streams of the keynote addresses from e3? i desperately wanted to watch these on something other than my computer and finally just had to go down to a local juice bar and use their htpc to watch it on their plasma. if i could watch it on my tv @ home through my xbox that would be uber sweet Smile
exactly my opinion too...mekapoo !  :thumbsup:
put this in a .strm file and play it:

mms://a610.m.akastream.net/7/610/5372/1/gamespot.download.akamai.com/5372/netshow/gslive/2005/01/gateskeynote_ces2005_300.wmv

that's the bill gates keynote from ces 2005.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GameSpot Videos script0