How do i delete my database?
How do i completely delete a library or database? When i first scanned my tv shows i didn't have xbmc setup correctly so half the shows are missing with graphics missing etc. I tried to remove tvshows from the library and re add it but it keeps pulling up all the crap from pervious scan. i need to flush it out.

I also have to do this for my HD movies too. Basically i want to flush out the database or force XBMC to update everything even if it doesn't need to be updated cause some things won't get corrected otherwise.

I pretty sure if i do a clean scan it will scan in all my stuff correctly now. appreciate a quick answer as this is driving me nuts.

Thanks.
delete UserData\Database\MyVideos34.db from wiki

the UserData folder is located in %APPDATA%\XBMC\ or under Program Files\XBMC depending on how you installed it. wiki again
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Ok cool and there is no way to delete just a tv shows.db? It looks like videos.db is everything and i will have to delete that and just rescan my movies and tv shows in? correct?
Yep, see context menu "c" on keyboard.
Ok so i have done this but rescanning my tv shows is like way too fast and it still seems to be bring up old thumbnails from the first scan. When i first scanned it took a while probably generating thumbnails but right now when i scan it keeps bringing up old stuff from pervious scan. I want to fix the synopsis and fanart and yet instead of checking the website with the scraper it seems to just go oh i will just use a thumbnail instead.

What else must i delete to get a totally clean scan?
You could try deleting the Thumbnails Directory, the only problem is that it would get rid of all your thumbnails, music ones and fanart included.
Dred Wrote:How do i completely delete a library or database? When i first scanned my tv shows i didn't have xbmc setup correctly so half the shows are missing with graphics missing etc. I tried to remove tvshows from the library and re add it but it keeps pulling up all the crap from pervious scan. i need to flush it out.

I also have to do this for my HD movies too. Basically i want to flush out the database or force XBMC to update everything even if it doesn't need to be updated cause some things won't get corrected otherwise.

I pretty sure if i do a clean scan it will scan in all my stuff correctly now. appreciate a quick answer as this is driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Do you by any chance have NFO files for the tv shows? If the scan is very fast and you are getting the same information this is usually a good indicator that the data is loaded from an NFO. If you delete the NFO files (in TV show or season folder) it will use the online scraper (e.g. tvdb) to scan the show/episodes.
Well i removed the old thumbnails folder and its recreating them all.. man thats slow. Anyway still concerned its going to turn out how it did before. Basically last time only half my tv shows came up and most of the pictures were these really bad zoomed in thumbnails.

I have everything named correctly. and even created an advancedsettings.xml to match my naming convention as written in the wiki. My advanced settings look like this.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>[0]*([0-9]+)x[0]*([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Thats it. Also using Aeon skin with native flagging. If anyone has any other TV show tips to get them show up right let me know. I am scanning with TVDB scraper and have it set to DVD order. I don't know what else i can do to make it come out better. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Well finished scanning and its a little better. So the shows that won't show up all have a (YEAR) next to them. I kinda like to keep it that way i think it makes the collection a bit more accurate. But if by removing that helps TVDB identify the shows easier i guess i will do that.. not a big deal.

Still have issues with a few of the thumbnails in Aeon showing the title of the TV series and its waaaaaay zoomed in. Must be a Aeon skin thing i will have to look up how to fix it.
Dred Wrote:Well finished scanning and its a little better. So the shows that won't show up all have a (YEAR) next to them. I kinda like to keep it that way i think it makes the collection a bit more accurate. But if by removing that helps TVDB identify the shows easier i guess i will do that.. not a big deal.

If you press c on your keyboard to bring up the context menu, then select TV Show Information (or something like that) then you can adjust the information yourself. If its already got something, do Refresh and it'll allow you to change the program information.
ok thanks. I was wondering with TV shows that only had 1 season or were basically a mini series how would i structure them?

For example firefly only had 1 season and John adams is a mini series so there are no seasons technically. I have both shows with e.g. Firefly > episodes or john adams > episodes. because of this my tvscraper does not see any of the episodes because its looking 1 folder deep. it wants everything like firefly > season 1 > episodes and then it will see them.

I guess what i am asking is there is an optional structure for mini-series? or should i just make it John adams > John Adams > episodes so it will grab?
There's an option that makes XBMC search the folders whether there's 1, 3 or 10 folders. If you use the context menu and Set Content you can tell it how to look at your folders.
best bet is to check how thetvdb.com lists them. The default scraper uses that site so you need to match you structure to their way of thinking:

I know that Firefly is seen as Season 1 regardless of it being canned.

*\Firefly\01\Firefly S01E01..........

If you're not already using it take a look at Natburs renamer. You can set that up to take all the hassle out of renaming tvshows.
(2009-09-01, 21:42)ccMatrix Wrote:
Dred Wrote:How do i completely delete a library or database? When i first scanned my tv shows i didn't have xbmc setup correctly so half the shows are missing with graphics missing etc. I tried to remove tvshows from the library and re add it but it keeps pulling up all the crap from pervious scan. i need to flush it out.

Thanks.

Do you by any chance have NFO files for the tv shows? If the scan is very fast and you are getting the same information this is usually a good indicator that the data is loaded from an NFO. If you delete the NFO files (in TV show or season folder) it will use the online scraper (e.g. tvdb) to scan the show/episodes.

Good advice there. I dont have any NFO files and i like the way TVDB id my files. A easy way to start doing this is to set your ftp program or whatever download program to skip nfo files alltogether. I only need to read one or 2 of them once in a while anyway so i just look them up its easier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do i delete my database?0