Snow Leopard and alpha transparencies in skins broken?
After upgrading to Snow Leopard, all of the skins, no matter what, if they have any sort of alpha transparency (like semi-transparent), does not display properly. It is shown like a GIF would, where a pixel is either fully transparent or not. I'm not sure why, and it doesn't seem to be an issue with the skin itself, but rather how they are being rendered.

Otherwise, besides some goofiness concerning the Apple remote and conflicts with changes in OS X, it runs normally! But this bug really makes the skins look terrible, and in some cases actually makes it hard to use, as things like scrollbars suddenly go dark.

Edit: I am running the latest stable version of XBMC.
Vincent,

I'm not qualified or clued up enough to answer your problem myself, but (before anyone else does) I thought I'd point you in the direction of the following 'How to post a problem' advice;

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124

Note that;
  • "latest stable version of XBMC" could mean almost anything, seeing as the source is updated frequently every day. You're unlikely get any joy without listing the actual version number.
  • Without providing a debug log (as detailed in the link above) you're also unlikely to receive much help or insight.

For what it's worth, A search on 'Snow Leopard' reveals in other posts that the Dev's aren't in a position to tackle 10.6 issues just yet (have yet to install it themselves or are busy on other 'secret projects'). Following the advice in the linked post however will likely get you a speedier resolution.
Latest stable being not the dev versions that are updated everyday. Babylon or whatever it's called. I don't know the number.

Also, the debug log doesn't seem to hold any useful information, I already looked through it.
How about a screenshot?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:How about a screenshot?

Is there a proper way of doing that? (Will the usual OS X shortcut work?)

I guess I'll try and send it along. I'll get the debug log too while I'm at it, for giggles.
Vincent,
Does your skin looks similar to this?

Any help is much appreciated.
Hardware info please ? Better yet, how about a pastebin of the xbmc.log.
Intel GMA X3100 OpenGL Engine

Drivers are borked on 10.6, it's a known problem not just with XBMC. Other video apps are seen the same problems. No know solution right now but we are tracking it.
Thanks for clarifying!
davilla Wrote:Intel GMA X3100 OpenGL Engine

Drivers are borked on 10.6, it's a known problem not just with XBMC. Other video apps are seen the same problems. No know solution right now but we are tracking it.

Confirmed same hardware by the way, sorry I didn't come back on this earlier. I had the same issue pictured.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Snow Leopard and alpha transparencies in skins broken?0