HOW-TO quick-build/compile XBMC
Quote:dude you made a silly mistake, your script falls over strait away, because you have renamed build.rar to supportfiles.rar.

oops... silly me...
that is fixed now....

i have customised your rarfile, adding some extra codecs, and a few skins.... (just to make my life easier whenever i reinstall my os or recompile from cvs....)
forgot all about renaming the file...

can you possibly tell me if it still falls over during the build?
i have tweaked the detection of the vs.net path....

cheers,
amph.

p.s. - btw, keeping all the necessary files in the rarfile in my opinion, was a stroke of genius cheesyboofs. wanted to say thanks mate...
previously, if reinstalling windows, i had to go through a ridiculous amount of trial and error to try and remember just how i had everything set up before my format.
Quote:home=c:\documents and settings\remoteroot\desktop\new folder
rar=c:\program files\winrar\rar.exe
unrar=c:\program files\winrar\unrar.exe
vs.net=

press any key to continue . . .

sorry chap, mine still aint playin ball on the vs .net detection!

Quote:wanted to say thanks mate...
np!
is there any free way of doing this ?
visual studio .net is not free right ?
no there is no free legal way.
Exclamation 
i really like this script but unfortunately :

with the original file from the first posting but also the other my builds are not ok after the first.

the first with a complete empty folder and a full cvs downloads are fine..
the following build (updates 1 or 2 laters) are having the same default.xbe (same crc)

when i empty the directory and re-download the cvs the xbe is ok..so it looks like the cvs is not updating….

:help:
not sure if anyon has noticed over here, but i continued the work of this project over at the xbox-scene forums. it can now be run from anywhere on your pc! just goto the thread here. you'll see all the great stuff i've added!
(yuyu @ nov. 17 2004,16:43 Wrote:not sure if anyon has noticed over here, but i continued the work of this project over at the xbox-scene forums. it can now be run from anywhere on your pc! just goto the thread here. you'll see all the great stuff i've added!
i didn't notice yet; but thanks for the tips and the great script...
still working fine as of today 27-02-2005, i have lost my dev box so could you let me know if this script fails, ta!
where do ppl get the codecs in the system\cdrip dir of xbmc and in system\players\dvdplayer dir. i've seen these is two coders rls (y and expert). or where can i get the source code for those files.

in the cdrip dir there is (lame_enc.dll, ogg.dll, and vorbis.dll)
in the dvdplayer dir there is (avcodec.dll, avformat.dll,liba52.dll,libdvdnav.dll,libdvdcss-2.dll, and libmpeg.dll)

please let me know because i dont wont to be missing anything.
full re-build working sweet as of 17-05-2005  :kickass:
still working sweet as of 17-09-2005 :kickass:
i get this error:

copying files...
exception einouterror in module xbepatch.exe at 0004d852.
file not found.
the system cannot find the file specified.
filezilla server.xml
kai-vectors.xml
keymap.xml
voicemasks.xml
xboxmediacenter.xml
       5 file(s) copied.
your right! i have allways run it from a folder on my c drive ie: c:\xbmc or c:\temp but if you run it from your desktop it has a right spaz, not sure why that is, could you try it from say c:\temp or something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO quick-build/compile XBMC0