• 10(current)
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live
Flomaster Wrote:EDIT: thanks Alex I have 2 controllers working now for Zsnes ZOMG yes....

score I configured my two controllers for Mednafen only problem I have now it how do I exit out of a game?

-=Jason=-

read this thread here for how to exit out of mednafen ... here
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

thanks Alex and smith, I should now be able to exit those games. now if I can only get mupen64plus up and running... version 1.99.0.03

-=Jason=-
I'm trying to get my old Xbox1 Controller to work with my Dharma Beta 2 Live install, but when i try to start the xboxdrv driver i get this:

Code:
xboxdrv 0.4.8
Copyright (C) 2008 Ingo Ruhnke <[email protected]>
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

USB Device:        004:005
Controller:        "Microsoft X-Box pad v1 (US)" (idVendor: 0x045e, idProduct: 0x0202)
Controller Type:   Xbox Classic
Deadzone:          12000
Trigger Deadzone:  0
Rumble Debug:      off
Rumble Speed:      left: -1 right: -1
LED Status:        2
Square Axis:       no
ButtonMap:         none
AxisMap:           none
RelativeAxisMap:   none
AutoFireMap:       none
RumbleGain:        255
ForceFeedback:     disabled

Starting with uinput... Error: /dev/input/uinput: No such file or directory
done

Your Xbox/Xbox360 controller should now be available as:
  /dev/input/js0
  /dev/input/event7

Press Ctrl-c to quit

Error: USBError: -2
error submitting URB: No such file or directory

and it's not available as '/dev/input/js0'

I'm pretty new to linux, any suggestions to make it work?
.nimrod Wrote:I'm trying to get my old Xbox1 Controller to work with my Dharma Beta 2 Live install, but when i try to start the xboxdrv driver i get this:

-FORMERLY CODE-

I'm pretty new to linux, any suggestions to make it work?

Unfortunately, I have *no experience whatsoever* with original xbox controllers in XBMC. I didn't even realize you could use XBOX controllers on a computer... I guess you need some sort of USB converter? Anyway, maybe grumbel will be around with some insight as he wrote the driver. good luck
.nimrod Wrote:Starting with uinput... Error: /dev/input/uinput: No such file or directory
done

Is uinput loaded? `lsmod | grep uinput`
Flomaster Wrote:thanks Alex and smith, I should now be able to exit those games. now if I can only get mupen64plus up and running... version 1.99.0.03

-=Jason=-

let us know if you do! i gave up after hours wasted with damn config files and scanning mupens help forums!
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

bobb0 Wrote:Is uinput loaded? `lsmod | grep uinput`

that code returns

Code:
uinput                  6312  2

:confused2:
Does anyone know how to make a script for setting up xbox360 controller support as per the instructions I made a few pages ago?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=609...stcount=92

Ideally the first two steps would be done automatically so that no FTP usage is required. It would instead download directly to the source link (although I'm having problems getting a direct link myself).

My ultimate goal is to get an automated process for someone who wants to set up emulators on their XBMC live systems. If you're interested in helping out, please let me know.
alexpigment Wrote:Does anyone know how to make a script for setting up xbox360 controller support as per the instructions I made a few pages ago?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=609...stcount=92

Ideally the first two steps would be done automatically so that no FTP usage is required. It would instead download directly to the source link (although I'm having problems getting a direct link myself).

My ultimate goal is to get an automated process for someone who wants to set up emulators on their XBMC live systems. If you're interested in helping out, please let me know.

I just tested this and it worked
Code:
wget http://drop.io/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live/asset/xboxdrv-for-xbmc-live-v1-tar-gz

-=Jason=-

EDIT:
this looks like a fun project

http://www.linuxconfig.org/Bash_scripting_Tutorial

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:I just tested this and it worked
Code:
wget http://drop.io/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live/asset/xboxdrv-for-xbmc-live-v1-tar-gz

-=Jason=-

Nice. I was doing it on a windows box and getting an extra page in the process, but I guess wget goes straight to the file. Thanks for looking into that.

Is anyone up to the challenge of making a script?
alexpigment Wrote:Is anyone up to the challenge of making a script?

i've made a start on this. one thing i have had to do was move the xboxdrv files to a google code page - i hope grumbel doesn't mind! Drop.io didn't seem to allow me to get an exact web url for the tarball - something that wget requires
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

Star 
Ok here we go...

I've made a bash script for installing the xboxdrv stuff.

You can download the script here ...
http://xboxdrv.googlecode.com/files/xboxdrv.v3.sh

I had to move/copy all of darwins files from drop.io into a new Google code page - drop.io's file download system is a bit annoying (form what I can see it doesn't allow absolute urls, and googles does). This was needed for the wget call within the bash script

If anyone's got any suggestions please feel free - i can add you to the google code page so you can start uploading scripts too.
This is my first attempt at a bash script so there's probably loads ive done wrong/not error checked etc etc

PLEASE NOTE !!!!
This script appends certain files - this means that if you run the script more than once, it may well screw up some of the files it changes
If anyone can edit the scipt to make it not do this, all the better!!Nerd
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

AWESOME WORK! I haven't had a chance to test it yet (I need to do a reformat first), but this is very good news to those who are trying to get their controllers working and aren't too knowledgeable on linux.

When you said that your script appends certain files, are you referring to steps 6b and 7b in my original post? If so, I know how to resolve it for at least 6b. That step was only necessary because my directions assumed you were using the tarball from the original dropbox URL. I think you could instead take the SH file after editing then re(zip?) into a new tarball and host that one instead.

With regards to the RC.local file, I'm not sure there's really anything that can be done to avoid adding more lines when running it multiple times, but I guess you could somehow check for the words "xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.9.04.jaunty.sh" and if it exists, then don't write anything to the file. Keep in mind, I know nothing about coding and have no idea how you would do this.

I plan on reformatting soon to verify a Launcher fix for a bug I submitted anyway, so this will be a good opportunity to test your script. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again for your work on this.
OK I just tried to test this, but I'm either having a noob moment or something's not working. I used wget to get the file but it seemingly won't run. don't I just type 'xboxdrv.sh' in via ssh if I'm in the home directory already?
hah sorry, i never mentioned how to actually RUN it!

to run bash scripts, just type ./xboxdrv.v3.sh to run it. You may need to chmod +x the file as well, in order to make it executable

therefore ...

Quote:$ chmod +x xboxdrv.v3.sh
$ ./xboxdrv.v3.sh
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live1