• 3(current)
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live
pletopia Wrote:
Code:
xbmc@lizzy-tv:~/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.v1$ sudo ld ./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8
ld: i386 architecture of input file `./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
ld: error in ./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8(.eh_frame); no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created.

um, i take that to mean that i have a x64 setup and the driver is x86 and thats the issue ?

cause if so, i have no issue just downloading a x86 iso and reinstalling the system

That does appear to be the case. If I were in your situation, I would download and compile a new version of xboxdrv and put it in the dir with the support files and use that. However I do know that the driver works on karmic for i386, so your above solution would also work.

=darwin
okay .. still not working (after i installed x86 Karmic Minimal ISO)

now i get this error when i do ld ./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8
Code:
ld: error in ./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8(.eh_frame); no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created.

also, question .. what are you trying to do with this line (cause i think there is a typo)

Code:
sudo cp -vf ./keymap.xml.trigger.as.zaxis.jaunty ~/.xbmc/keymaps/xboxdrv.xbox360.keymap.xml && chown xbmc:xbmc /.xbmc/keymaps/joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.via.xboxdrv.xml

is it suppose to
First, copy keymaps.xml.trigger.as.zaxis.jaunty to ~/.xbmc/keymaps/ & rename it to xboxdrv.xbox360.keymap.xml
Second, chown that file to xbmc:xbmc

cause if so, why is the chown part of the command working on joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.via.xboxdrv.xml when we called it xboxdrv.xbox360.keymap.xml in the previous command?
I am having a problem. I can use the controller if I start it manually, but the auto start no longer works on latest XBMC Live release. For some reason there's no "screen" package. If I try to install it, it says something along the lines of "package not found". Is there any other way to auto start the driver?
Mityama Wrote:I am having a problem. I can use the controller if I start it manually, but the auto start no longer works on latest XBMC Live release. For some reason there's no "screen" package. If I try to install it, it says something along the lines of "package not found". Is there any other way to auto start the driver?

add this to /etc/init/tty2.conf :

/path.to/xboxdrv --wid 0 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000

(edit the path to match your setup)

should do the trick.
ynwa
gekados Wrote:add this to /etc/init/tty2.conf :

/path.to/xboxdrv --wid 0 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000

(edit the path to match your setup)

should do the trick.

thanks! i tried many different things with this file but nothing worked. Sad

do i need to replace
"exec /sbin/getty ..."
with
"exec /home/mityama/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.v1/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.9.04.jaunty.sh --wid 0 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000"
or just ad the above line?

Can I just add a command like I would in the command line? (Then I would at least know the command should work.) Like:
cd /home/mityama/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.v1 && sudo ./xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.9.04.jaunty.sh

EDIT: Got it working! In the end it was so easy that I'd like to bump my head into the next wall. I just added the following line to /etc/rc.local to call the script:
cd /home/mityama/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.v1 && sh ./xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.9.04.jaunty.sh
Mityama Wrote:I am having a problem. I can use the controller if I start it manually, but the auto start no longer works on latest XBMC Live release. For some reason there's no "screen" package. If I try to install it, it says something along the lines of "package not found". Is there any other way to auto start the driver?

you can install screen with apt-get :

"
apt-get install screen
"

=darwin
pletopia Wrote:
Code:

If I were you, I would try to compile myself a new binary and copy it into place and try to run it with the support scripts. Not sure what's up with your system..

Quote:also, question .. what are you trying to do with this line (cause i think there is a typo)
[...]
cause if so, why is the chown part of the command working on joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.via.xboxdrv.xml when we called it xboxdrv.xbox360.keymap.xml in the previous command?

It's a typo. Thanks for pointing it out. If/when I do an update (for karmic etc.) I will make sure to fix that.

=darwin
im having trouble getting this to work with xbmcfreak v10, I have the driver up and running and using jstest /dev/input/js0 works I can press all the buttons it just does not work in xbmc. I copied the keymap file and checked to make sure its being loaded

Code:
Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.Controller.W.xml

thats the name I used for it, so any ideas whats going wrong, why xbmc is not working with the controller?
arg ok I got it to work, sorta. It was not being loaded before xbmc so it was not being detected, by restarting xbmc (not the computer) it picked it up and is working so now my question is, how do I get this to start before xbmc starts using the xbmcfreaks livecd install. the fix on the first post for that issue did not work with this distro so does anyone have any suggestions?
matsui Wrote:arg ok I got it to work, sorta. It was not being loaded before xbmc so it was not being detected, by restarting xbmc (not the computer) it picked it up and is working so now my question is, how do I get this to start before xbmc starts using the xbmcfreaks livecd install. the fix on the first post for that issue did not work with this distro so does anyone have any suggestions?

The key is that it starts in the startup order, before the XBMC startup script.

I don't know anything about xbmcfreaks livecd, but check in /etc/rc.*/*, and make sure that if XBMC is /etc/rc2.d/S99XBMC, xboxdrv starts inside of /etc/rc2.d./S98xboxdrv or something similar. S99 runs after S98.

=darwin
I'd just like to know where everyone is getting their keymaps from. Ubuntu >= 9.10 has native support for the Xbox 360 controller, and I got the Keymap from the Wiki, but I can't get the thumbsticks working.

I don't want to install xboxdrv because Ubuntu already has it's own driver (which works perfectly in ZSNES) and the install looks messy, but I can't get the analog sticks to work. I'm mapping all of them to Up, just to see if it works.

Also, when I use debug the log doesn't mention that I use the analog sticks.

Does anyone have the entire controller mapped out and put online. I'd love to get the Xbox button to bring up the shutdown menu.

Hell, I'll work on a perfect Keymap.xml file if someone could just provide me with the means (the map and the knowledge of how to get the analog sticks working).
MrDamnation Wrote:I'd just like to know where everyone is getting their keymaps from. Ubuntu >= 9.10 has native support for the Xbox 360 controller, and I got the Keymap from the Wiki, but I can't get the thumbsticks working.

I don't want to install xboxdrv because Ubuntu already has it's own driver (which works perfectly in ZSNES) and the install looks messy, but I can't get the analog sticks to work. I'm mapping all of them to Up, just to see if it works.

I am using the keymaps from this thread. There is actually a slightly improved version which tasker helped me make, but I haven't gotten around to releasing.

I installed xboxdrv because I couldn't figure out how to get xpad (the built in ubuntu driver) to work. Sorry I can't help with it, but I gave up quickly. xboxdrv is supported and grumbel rox.. xpad appears to not be maintained currently.

=darwin
Ok, I'll try the Xboxdrv. Does it enable the thumbsticks? It's just odd to me because ZSNES reads it natively...
yes, the analogs work .. i installed it using darwin's instructions from op it installed on my minimal x86 karmic perfectly without any issues

only thing, i think the instructions say to use .xbmc/keymaps however i popped over the keymap to my ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps instead
The left thumbstick still doesn't work for me, even with this tip. Did they ever fix that issue? What axis is it mapped to?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live1