• 5(current)
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live
Anyone have any ideas on this? I have multiple 360 controllers and am ready to bring together my perfect emulator box (and finally give the heave-ho to the modded xbox), but this is stopping me for obvious reasons.
alexpigment Wrote:Anyone have any ideas on this? I have multiple 360 controllers and am ready to bring together my perfect emulator box (and finally give the heave-ho to the modded xbox), but this is stopping me for obvious reasons.

Sorry. Unfortunately I do not. When I saw your post I tried connecting multiple controllers to my wireless usb dongle. Maybe the dongle does not support multiple controllers connecting to it?? I have no idea.
The dongle definitely does support it, which I confirmed by hooking it up to my WinXP machine. I *think* the problem is that you have to run multiple copies of the driver to support multiple controllers. I don't exactly know how to do that, and I was assuming that I needed edit my sh file.
alexpigment Wrote:I'm not sure which version of the xboxdrv I have
It should print that right at the top when you start it or when you give it the --version flag. Multiple wireless controllers should work with "--wid N", if you have a mix of wired and wireless you need to mix in some "--id N", there is a "--list-controllers" option that should show you what is available on your system.

Also, if it doesn't work, knowing the error message would be nice.
grumbel Wrote:It should print that right at the top when you start it or when you give it the --version flag. Multiple wireless controllers should work with "--wid N", if you have a mix of wired and wireless you need to mix in some "--id N", there is a "--list-controllers" option that should show you what is available on your system.

Also, if it doesn't work, knowing the error message would be nice.

I'm using 0.4.8. I see that there is a 0.5.0 available, but I'm not exactly sure how to update; I'm just following the instructions of the first page more or less.

I changed the --wid 0 to --wid 4 (I assume you meant to substitute N for a number, right?) and it no longer works. When I run the driver manually, here's what it tells me:

Code:
USB Device:        002:002
Controller:        "Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (PC)" (idVendor: 0x045e, idProduct: 0x0719)
Wireless Port:     4
Controller Type:   Xbox360 (wireless)
Deadzone:          12000
Trigger Deadzone:  0
Rumble Debug:      off
Rumble Speed:      left: -1 right: -1
LED Status:        2
Square Axis:       no
ButtonMap:         none
AxisMap:           none
RelativeAxisMap:   none
AutoFireMap:       none
RumbleGain:        255
ForceFeedback:     disabled
xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8: src/xbox360_wireless_controller.cpp:37: Xbox360WirelessController::Xbox360WirelessController(usb_device*, int): Assertion `controller_id >= 0 && controller_id < 4' failed.
./xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.9.04.jaunty.sh: line 11:  1529 Aborted                 ./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8 --wid 4 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000 --trigger-as-zaxis
Quote:xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8: src/xbox360_wireless_controller.cpp:37: Xbox360WirelessController::Xbox360WirelessController(usb_device*, int): Assertion `controller_id >= 0 && controller_id < 4' failed.
Your argument must be between 0 and 3.

--id N: takes the id of the USB device (each wired controller is one device and each wireless receiver is also just one, even so it can handle four controller)
--wid N: takes the id of the wireless controller within the wireless receiver, i.e. 0, 1, 2 or 3

So if you have just one wireless receiver, its just --wid 0 for the first, --wid 1 for the second, etc.

Also use --list-controllers it should list the ids needed.
grumbel Wrote:Your argument must be between 0 and 3.

Ah, I see. 0=1, 1=2, etc. I'll try that when I get home, although I believe I have already tried ---wid 1 before. We'll see what happens.
OK, so I tried with --wid 1 instead (just two controllers this time). Upon reboot one of the controllers works; the other is blinking all four lights. Here's the message below:

Code:
USB Device:        002:002
Controller:        "Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (PC)" (idVendor: 0x04             5e, idProduct: 0x0719)
Wireless Port:     1
Controller Type:   Xbox360 (wireless)
Deadzone:          12000
Trigger Deadzone:  0
Rumble Debug:      off
Rumble Speed:      left: -1 right: -1
LED Status:        2
Square Axis:       no
ButtonMap:         none
AxisMap:           none
RelativeAxisMap:   none
AutoFireMap:       none
RumbleGain:        255
ForceFeedback:     disabled
Error: Error couldn't claim the USB interface: Device or resource busy
Try to run 'rmmod xpad' and start xboxdrv again.
xbmc@XBMCLive:~/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.v1$

Any ideas?
Start multiple xboxdrv instances, one for each controller. First one with --wid 0, second with --wid 1, ...
alexpigment Wrote:Error: Error couldn't claim the USB interface: Device or resource busy
Try to run 'rmmod xpad' and start xboxdrv again.
xbmc@XBMCLive:~/xboxdrv_for_XBMC_live.v1$
[/CODE]

Any ideas?

Yes. You have to blacklist the xpad driver. xboxdrv can not occupy the ressource when xpad already has done so.

You can either blacklist xpad, or you put 'rmmod xpad' in a startup script.
grumbel Wrote:Start multiple xboxdrv instances, one for each controller. First one with --wid 0, second with --wid 1, ...

This is exactly what I tried to do, which caused me to post here recently. See post #60. I'm either doing it wrong, or that's not working. Do I need to specify multiple lines in the SH file? Do I need to make 4 separate SH files?
checkup Wrote:Yes. You have to blacklist the xpad driver. xboxdrv can not occupy the ressource when xpad already has done so.

You can either blacklist xpad, or you put 'rmmod xpad' in a startup script.

This was already done. I'm 100% sure this is not my problem.
alexpigment Wrote:This is exactly what I tried to do, which caused me to post here recently. See post #60. I'm either doing it wrong, or that's not working. Do I need to specify multiple lines in the SH file? Do I need to make 4 separate SH files?
You need to just start four instances. If you want to wrapper it up in a .sh make sure that you *really* start all for, as when you just list them one after the other only the first one will get started and the execution off the later onces will wait for the first one to complete. To work around that, put them in the background with &, i.e.:

xboxdrv --wid 0 &
xboxdrv --wid 1 &
xboxdrv --wid 2 &
xboxdrv --wid 3 &

Or if that fails, post the error message.
If you see post 60, one of the steps I already tried was listing them within the SH file 4 times, each time incrementing the wid number (which at the time was correct 0-3). If the '&' is indeed the problem, can I just post that after the line I already have in the SH file, or do I need to put it somewhere within the line?

For example, do I do this?

Code:
./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8 --wid 0 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000 --trigger-as-zaxis &
./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8 --wid 1 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000 --trigger-as-zaxis &
./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8 --wid 2 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000 --trigger-as-zaxis &
./xboxdrv-linux-0.4.8 --wid 3 -s -l 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 12000 --trigger-as-zaxis &

Is my ampersand in the right place?
alexpigment Wrote:Is my ampersand in the right place?
& goes at the end, so yes, looks correct
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] Package of xboxdrv for Xbox 360 Controller support on XBMC Live1