[Feature Request] Slide view for actor thumb in the info dialog
I have the thumb of all the actor in my movie stores locally (1500+ pic) at 240x360 resolution . There is a way to have a better view for the actor thumb, like the slide view for the covers ?

A mockup for my idea :

Anyway... Great work. The 2.00 is impressive. The plugin/script integration is the way...

Sorry for bad english. Sad
in the info dialog? like this?

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Do you have to do something to enable character icons as your above screenshot? Or did your scraper pull the actor.jpgs for each actor on its own?

Definatley like that view and since Im going to try to re-scan my movies again with IMDB scraper, figured I would ask.
ronie Wrote:in the info dialog? like this?

Perfect !

Quote:Do you have to do something to enable character icons as your above screenshot? Or did your scraper pull the actor.jpgs for each actor on its own?

Definatley like that view and since Im going to try to re-scan my movies again with IMDB scraper, figured I would ask.

I have grab all the pic from google the i cut and resize them with Gimp. then i put all the pic in a shared folder. Then i edited the .nfo file for all my movies with a home made vb.net program.

When i have finished to do this for all my movies i will upload a pack with all the actor thumb
francyboy Wrote:Perfect !

and thank you for the idea. i like it!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
francyboy Wrote:Perfect !

I have grab all the pic from google the i cut and resize them with Gimp. then i put all the pic in a shared folder. Then i edited the .nfo file for all my movies with a home made vb.net program.

When i have finished to do this for all my movies i will upload a pack with all the actor thumb

yeah that doesn't sound like a lot to do but im sure it was time consuming.
ronie Wrote:in the info dialog? like this?

looks awesome.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
Vampirebat Wrote:yeah that doesn't sound like a lot to do but im sure it was time consuming.

not really.

When you have a huge amount of actor pic named like "Brad Pitt.jpg", "George Cloney" ect in the same directory (for ex: M:\Pictures\Actor\" a simple script can recursively change this

Code:
<actor>
    <name>Jim Carrey</name>
    <role>Carl Allen</role>
    [b]<thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjEwMDg1MjcxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYwNjYyMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>[/b]
/actor>
<actor>
    <name>Zooey Deschanel</name>
    <role>Allison</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNzM3MDE2NTAyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA0ODQxMQ@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
</actor>

to this

Code:
<actor>
    <name>[b]Jim Carrey[/b]</name>
    <role>Carl Allen</role>
    <thumb>M:\Pictures\Actor\[b]Jim Carrey[/b].jpg</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
    <name>[b]Zooey Deschanel[/b]</name>
    <role>Allison</role>
    <thumb>M:\Pictures\Actor\[b]Zooey Deschanel.jpg[/b]</thumb>
  </actor>
[...]

Simple.

The Hard work is get the HUGE amount of actor pictures ... But when the collection is ready everyone can use it
this looks great!
Hi to all, I searched on this subforum for a feature that is related to the request by francyboy, so I write here instead of opening a new thread:
Since I downloaded (my thanks) francyboy's thumb collection, that is cool but hard to "use", I suggest to add an option (or it has to be a script? I'm not so expert) acting this way: periodically search in a selected folder for a jpg or a tbn file with the same name of the actor.. if there is a match, set this file, if not leave the one previously downloaded from the web (pic of the actor, empty image...)...so a sort of local scraper...

Another quite unrelated question: I'm not interested in a biography of the cast, but a complete filmography (not only of the movies in the db) should be quite useful... but I suppose this is up to xbmc developers..

I'm sorry for any mistake, I seldom write in english and I hate web translators!
And I'm sorry also if my request sounds stupid or banal for you more expert users.

Mario

P.S. this is my first post, but I follow Xbmc and Transparency since many months ago, so I forgotten to greet you all and congratulate for your great work Wink
Xelloss Wrote:Hi to all, I searched on this subforum for a feature that is related to the request by francyboy, so I write here instead of opening a new thread:
Since I downloaded (my thanks) francyboy's thumb collection, that is cool but hard to "use", I suggest to add an option (or it has to be a script? I'm not so expert) acting this way: periodically search in a selected folder for a jpg or a tbn file with the same name of the actor.. if there is a match, set this file, if not leave the one previously downloaded from the web (pic of the actor, empty image...)...so a sort of local scraper...

Another quite unrelated question: I'm not interested in a biography of the cast, but a complete filmography (not only of the movies in the db) should be quite useful... but I suppose this is up to xbmc developers..

none of those are handled by the skin, i think you'd need a scraper for that,
so i'm afraid you need to take your questions elsewhere ;-)
ronie Wrote:none of those are handled by the skin, i think you'd need a scraper for that,
so i'm afraid you need to take your questions elsewhere ;-)

understood! I'm going to find the right place to ask! Thank you for your answere and again for your work Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Slide view for actor thumb in the info dialog0