Playing musicvideos and movie trailers
Hi,

I have strugled for some time now to figure out on how to play my downloaded music videos.

I have added a shared folder on movies, and set the content to music videoes, MTV. What i want is that after i play musicvideo no1 it goes directly and plays musicvideo no2.! IF i use library mode this will work. BUT xbmc will not recognice all of my musicvideos as musicvideos. Out of 10 videos only 3 came up on library mode.

The ideal setup for me is having a folder with 10-100 musicvideos going random or sequently playing trough all videos.
Going inside the folder and manually renaming each musicvideo filename is not an option.!

The same thing would be great with a folder of movie trailes.

I have searched and searched the web, and this forum, and I can not figure out how to do this.

Anyone? Huh
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/search.php?searchid=3787368
How are they named? I've not got any experience with music videos but I suppose that's a good place to start.

joebrady, your search didn't find anything.
Well, i want it to be named whatever, i want to disregards its name and just play all videos in my folder..

Joebradys answer turned up empty, i have searched this forum. without any good answers.
You can always use file mode (rather than library) in the meantime, but that means things like party mode (random, etc) won't work.

To have them scan into the library the scraper needs to be able to identify them. Videos don't have an equivalent to the ID3-tag, so the only thing to do is name your files informatively.

I'm not aware of any specific music video naming conventions but I imagine a basic "Artist - TrackTitle" would do it.

If your files follow a naming convention already but aren't being picked up by XBMC then you may have to fiddle with RegEx.
Ok, i understand i can rename each file, and yes i use file mode.

but my opinion is, that we should be able to play the hole folder even if the files where named 1.avi 2.avi 3.mpg 3.mpg.

i dont wanna go renaming 70 of my 100 music videos.
You can select 'Queue Item' from the context menu of a directory. (Though, not on the Source itself) That will place the contents of the directory into the Playlist view. Which I think you might have to access by then selecting 'Now Playing' from the context menu.

Only a shuffle option there though.

EDIT: Better yet, just hit Play in the context menu, switch to the Visualisation then select Playlist from the OSD.
joebrady Wrote:http://www.xbmc.org/forum/search.php?searchid=3787368

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
stokedfish Wrote:Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Oops, bad link. Sorry. Looks like greatant1337 has your best answer if you don't want to rename them.
greatant1337 Wrote:You can select 'Queue Item' from the context menu of a directory. (Though, not on the Source itself) That will place the contents of the directory into the Playlist view. Which I think you might have to access by then selecting 'Now Playing' from the context menu.

Only a shuffle option there though.

EDIT: Better yet, just hit Play in the context menu, switch to the Visualisation then select Playlist from the OSD.

Perfect, yes this worked! just needed to make an extra folder in the musicvideo folder.!

thanks Greatant

I saved the playlist, where can i access it directly?

and seems like shuffle dont work in my playlist,. any ideas why?
The top level of the library mode has a Playlists node.

For shuffle: No clue, paste a debug log, check the links in joebrady's signature if you need instructions. http://www.pastebin.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing musicvideos and movie trailers0